What is the biggest problems with religion?

Most Helpful Girl

• The biggest problem is it makes no sense. Why are there so many religions? Why should sins of the first people pass down the generations? That's not moral.

Is morality above God? If not then can God do whatever he wants and it be what's right for the sheer fact that it was him that did it? If morality is above God, then that means we don't need necessarily need him in order to make good decisions.

I could go on but basically I think if a God exists he either doesn't want us to believe in him or he would show himself or herself for all I know.

Most Helpful Guy

• The answers we seek will probably never come to pass in my lifetime. Why bother asking these questions to a non-believer that would probably only ridicule the believer, vice versa?

Honestly, these are the very questions I frown upon and why I despise religious debates and don't dabble much into it, but seriously it's very annoying for someone that believes in a god (love thy neighbor) and yet imposes this to someone who does not believe and somehow feel that we're superior. Believe it or not, it takes a lot to annoy me, but religion debates/questions annoy the shit out of me. Very reasons why certain wars are never ending because of religion. Isn't killing another human being breaking one of the commandments? If you practice religion, practice Romans 14:4 and understand it. Those wannabe pious individuals are not the answer to those who do not believe nor are their salvation.

How can you justify the Holy Wars? God's will? So god have spoken to a man to kill someone that does not have a Christian faith? How about those times, when they raped and pillaged? Or a time when the man of the cloth preaches a gospel, turns around, and behind close doors does the complete opposite of those teachings? God's will still or man?

I don't attack someone or impose my faith on anyone that does not believe and I don't get ridiculed by a non-believer. Sometimes I'm embarrassed for being part of a religion that imposes that religion unto others. Preach only those willing to listen. Why do we follow the Law of Man and not Law of God? We do certain things not violating specific laws within your respective country. Sure you don't like the laws that was passed; however, somewhere down the line you may re-elect someone else. We're not walking the true path because we're still abiding the laws of men.

What if one of these days, they managed to find that there is no god? What then? Faith will fucking crumble because now it's proven that there is nothing out there. Would I appreciate if an agnostic or atheist came to me and said, "told you there's no god?" I'd knock that person the fuck out because I wasted 35 years of my life believing in a god, I don't need a reminder.

What a believer superior than the opposed? They have the same genetic make up as us.

What Girls Said 1

• There are no facts.

What Guys Said 8

• It's like a dick, fine to have on and be proud of it but not ok to shove it down another's throat.

• Bigotry and stubborness. It is a concept out of time. It simply has no place in a world like ours now. And what has it caused anyway? Wars? Genocides? A giant fall in technological advancement? And also, it uses too many euphemisms and is easy to misinterpret (Islamic Radicals, Radicals in general) Religion was created as a way to govern the uneducated. Now, in a world where most of us are educated to some level, it simply doesn't serve any real purpose other than mess up everything that we have built.

• The people who twist to their own warped views to keep in control of society.

• Biggest problem with religion is that folks still believe in dumb fairy tales or (in some cases, like islam) in fascist-barbarian guide.
    And even worse is when they poison minds of young children with them.

• Intolerance and ignorance of simple truths. Religion, by nature, requires complete oblivion to facts and blind obedience in things that cannot be proven.

• So there is a problem with the problem?

• Nothing is wrong with religion... What is the biggest problem with humanity.

• That it posion are kids critical thinking and it's denial of global warming is going to kill us all