Do you buy into the theory of evolution?

I do not, there is changes and evolvement of species within their own species, however I do not believe the species barrier is ever broken, we did not come from apes etc.

one thing I think people forget is evolution is still a THEORY and isn't a fact even according to science. Anyway give your take.

• I believe in evolution and that we came from another species
  • I do not believe in evolution
I find it hilarious most those in defense of evolution are the type who berate a religious person for their beliefs, yet ask them about evolution and they ran it down you're throat, hypocrisy? I think so.

Apparently even evolution couldn't ween that out.
@Minnxie I did my time in university and it was a top renown professor who made a presentation talking about evolution being a patchwork theory at best given the assumptions based around small evidence, either way I could show you my degree and you wouldn't believe it, you're too just.

I was never stalking you, one I don't care, two I made observation given how nearly every time I've seen you lost there's a big argument where you go to name calling and playing the 'educated final say'

Most Helpful Girl

• The theory of evolution does not EVER imply that humans "came from apes" we merely share a common ancestor with apes, nothing more nothing less. Hominids and apes are two different evolutionary lines. Hominids were never apes. Do your research before you use untrue statements to try and disprove something. And sorry but if you don't "believe" in evolution you limit your ability to get an education. Take an anthropology class, take some formal education on the subject before you try to argue against it so you actually know what you are talking about. Humans did not even "come from" neanderthals because homo sapiens and neanderthals are completely different species. Neanderthals died out and are extinct, homo sapiens existed at the same time as neanderthals but we were the stronger species so we out-adapted them and survived to this day, while neanderthals are extinct. Human beings did not at any point "evolve" or "come from" apes. Hominids are a completely different evolutionary line.

• My argument is that we did not ever come from any other species, we have always been human, the only evidence of changes in a species are all well within a species barrier example-canine, this contains everything from wolves to poodles, they have evolved into different breeds but are all still unquestionably canine despite the thousands of their generations it took to get there. With human our ethnicities etc are our breeds so to speak, our species has changed overtime but it did not come from another's it's been human since the start.

• fine continue believing your fairy tails and spitting in the face of science, but don't try stepping into a university classroom where evolution is involved because your stubbornness and ego will make you fail.

• Also it's really odd that you started stalking me on here just because I side with science and not your ego. Get a life there is no reason you need to stalk people online.

Most Helpful Guy

• Theory "the working hypothesis until facts come along that change this hypothesis, such as the theory of gravity" There are no facts in science everything is theory with the understanding that new information changes the understanding of the universe. As for cross species evolution there has been some observed evolution blogs.scientificamerican.com/.../

• Still the theory of evolution is not something that they have witnessed even once, it was thought up by Darwin alongside his natural selection etc, point of the matter is science doesn't know, and so while they give this idea many are too quick to buy into it.

• All dogs are the same species as wolf. German shepherd=canine, labrador=canine, wolf=canine, they of course have some small yet distinct genetic differences that make them a breed however that statement is akin to saying Slavic people are a new species from Spanish as they have different traits and qualities made through breeding and environment. But they are still 100% human.

• Thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 5

• "Evolution, and most of Biology, cannot be expressed in a concise mathematical equation, so it is referred to as a theory. A scientific law is not "better" or "more accurate" than a scientific theory. A law explains what will happen under certain circumstances, while a theory explains how it happens."
    There is tons of evidence supporting evolution and it is backed by the scientific community.
    evolutionfaq.com/.../why-isnt-evolution-considered-law

• And there is tons of evidence against it, making it still not proven, and open to debate against. Several theories have a lot of evidence for and against it.

• OP, can you just cite one third-party example of scientific evidence (a link to an article by a scientist) which indicates that evolution did not occur in Earth species development. Thanks.

• @detlef science is based on research and reports are typically based on findings, I'll look however I'll tell you this; my professor at university who's spent his whole life in the science field mind you,' told the class that evolution is the most widely accepted idea of how we came to be in science, and it's also it's most baseless, it's studied using only long decayed fossils where they even admitted the DNA testing was guesswork and they patched together ideas, he says while some evidence points towards it, there are more holes in the idea than any other widely accepted scientific ideas about our origins and world.

• Yes completely! I believe that we evolved from the apes. Of course, as you said, it is a theory. However, there is much evidence to prove that we came from apes.

• No there is not, no species has ever been witnessed to jump a species barrier, and if we've been here as long as science says we have, we would have see another species transform by now. True some are similar but most mammals have incredible similar DNA, so trying to use that excuse is moot as we'd be nearly as similar to Bears as we would apes. It's not been witnessed in nature nor documented in history, nor tested or possible to test, it's unquantifiable-meaning science can't do anything about it and doesn't know. It's just speculation.

• The first tools, however, were used by "homo habilis". That species was a form of ape, but also had human intelligence and is connected to being an early stage of the human beings.

• There are species of fish seen to shear rocks together then use them to crack clams open, just as much tool use as anything any monkey ever did, should we associate that with humans as well? If a while link species existed it'd make no sense for the host species (original type of monkey etc to still exist.

• Yeah, it's a theory, just like the cell theory and the heliocentric theory. Are you going to deny those, too?

"To the public, theory can mean an opinion or conjecture (e. g., "it's only a theory"), but among scientists it has a much stronger connotation of "well-substantiated explanation.""

• They cannot prove it, and there is no evidence of it (DNA of any mammal is incredibly similar) and it has never been seen in nature in other species, all evidence needed to be quantifiable for a scientific explanation, so no, evolution is not a fact like other discoveries in cells etc. evolution is an idea related to Darwinism with no backing witnessed in reality.

• "Evolution by natural selection is one of the best substantiated theories in the history of science, supported by evidence from a wide variety of scientific disciplines, including paleontology, geology, genetics and developmental biology."

Woooops.

• Where has it been proven? They look at a diseased mammal etc and it died so they say the poor genes leading to that died out yet several poor genes continued out of nowhere, if that were entirely true we would have at least one species which reached apex and was immune to nearly all disorders of the genes given the age of the earth. Yet there is not one, scientific evidence is still patched trade arch as well, they even admit we aren't even close to understanding genes, so I don't put money of that card either.

• There's nothing to "buy into". Evolution is the only plausible theory.

• Or God, or creationism, to be honest there is just as much historical proof of events in the bible (great flood) as there is actual proof of Neanderthal.

• I can't message you if you don't follow me :P

• People who believe in evolution should not be offended when called animals, because according to the biolocal toxonomy we are animals.

What Guys Said 15

• It's not something anyone has the choice of 'buying into' scientific theory and 'theory' are two different things... Gravity is a theory, frankly i'll trust the source that provides us with all working technology as opposed to any dusty old book containing many errors from the middle east. People forget two things here A. Evolution takes a longggg time so of course you don't see much in your own lifetime and B. Sharing an ancestor does not mean we're directly related to apes. Domestic cats are blatantly linked with large cats and no one questions that both are types of cat yet hairy mammals with opposable thumbs and the ability to walk upright are apparently nothing like us. Oh and on the subject of language barrier, some 'apes' have learnt sign language or communication using complicated pictographs so a select few can 'talk' to us. Hell even dogs understand us and they are a separate species, humans are not super beings above all other animals.

• Well some of the first actual stone tools were used by the "homo habilis", a chimpanzee sub-species, and one of our ancestors. Chimpanzees and other great-apes used rocks, animal bones and sticks as a sort of tool as well.

If oyu've ever heard of the "missing link" the homo habilis is probably the closest you get to such a species.

I don't "buy" into anything, I choose to believe what seems logical.

• Do you believe that the humans completely evolved from the apes? Or do you believe that the "homo habilis" were the start of evolution?

• Oh okay that makes sense

• It's funny the actual proof of many link species died off yet the host remains? See to me there is no link, he'll there are species of fish seen using tools to break open clams, so intelligence does not relate to humans solely.

• It takes more faith to believe in the false theory of evolution than it does to believe that God made everything.

• There are always certain things we understand better but not others as much

We have bones we have dug up that tells a story. And when you are a master at science, these little pieces of the puzzle just make more sense.

There was a study done by a scientist many years ago. Basically he was trying to create life in a lab. The study conducted of simulating the stArt of our planet, creating water , evaporation and adding in electrical charges as lightening.

Fascinating things happened. the bottom line is, and this is key to your queStion, we may NOT have 100% proof of evolution. But we have enough proof and evidence to continue to study this area

Humans being exactly who we are today at birth would kinda not makes much sense. Our greatest super power is adaption.

• I believe in creationism, but i also believe in evolution to a certain extent. I believe that there were no "common ancestors" between species, and that instead, all of the species we have today were initially created by a God, or some other intelligent being.

However, i believe its entirely possible for species to make slight adaptations over time.

• I agree with you, every breed of dog even poodle is still a canine like wolves same definite species, however never leaving it.

• The reason I don't full believe in it is that nobody was around to see this happen. You can't experiment with evolution yourself like gravity, air or water. You just have to takes people's word for it. Not only that but evolution has became very political. So the evidence you see likely has a spin on it. History has taught us that science is only as great as the technology backing it. The problem with believing in theories is it only a matter of time before some scientist comes along with evidence that blows that theory out of the water.

• This is true, quite frankly science is about understanding everything. So when something comes up they can't they blow more steam at it

• I usually don't jump into these kinds of questions, but this one is different. I have a different problem with this than what most of the people who responded to you addressed. Why in the world did you treat the word 'theory' as if it meant 'guess'? This is simply false because if that was the case then the theory of gravity would mean that it's just 'a guess'. Just search up science terminology to see the different meanings between each term they use if you want to get a better understanding.

• there are also little to no other alternative theories that suggest otherwise with the same credibility.

• Given there is no solid proof besides speculation alongside the natural selection, any other guess would have as much true credibility. It's simply an idea and one that even many hardcore science types are skeptical of given how it's never been witnessed in nature despite our supposed millions of years here. Yes a species has small changes through generations to adapt that much is true, but we were always human.

• I think it'd actually be hilarious if it turned out to be Greek mythology and Zues was like 'yeah I don't know where you guys started getting this idea about evolution or Jesus but hey' haha

• if he was real, i'd probably run for my life. dem greek gods were crazy as hell!

• You can't have adaptation without evolution... By what process would the species adapt if not natural selection?

• I'm talking about the idea all species come from another, there are adaptations due to environment as seen in ethnicity etc, however the species barrier has never been broken. We were always human.

• I'm just saying that if I witnessed all of those things personally as the people back then supposedly did I'd have a lot easier time believing...

• I understand that but keep in mind a lot of people claim the holocaust never happened and that was less than 100 years ago, so it's easy to imagine disbelievers vending this over thousands.

• Yes as much as I buy into the theory of gravity or electromagnetic theory.

• There is tangible proof of those yet hardly none for evolution (at least cross species evolution) it's an idea that has no straight proof.

• The speaker was a guy who taught at many states, he was speaking at the University of Iowa and taught there for a short time, I couldn't tell you where his home was so to speak but he was old and one of the top, still he made a whole presentation on how the evolutionary theory was patchwork as he put it, the fossils found are still human despite the differences they may think, there's adaptations over time however the fossils they found easily still fit with our current human biology and genome, it's like breeds of dogs, a wolf and a poodle are extremely different-both canine-both can breed, they never stopped being the same species, the Neanderthals were the same, and he argued that we see different skeletal shapes and sizes of different bones even (slightly less drastic of course) in different ethnicities if people making Neanderthal simply another human and not a link, there is no link.

This was a very brief paraphrase of it, and he obviously had access to research I can't

• I'll have to look that up and see how legitimate it is. Thanks for that. I hope you weren't offended by anything we've discussed here. I'm not out to attack anyone for their beliefs.

• Did you even read the fucking Wikipedia article on the theory of evolution before coming here and spewing shit?

• I studied it for two years in school, where the professor finished by saying 'although widely adopted it is one of the most unfound accepted scientific origin ideas around'

Also if you're going to use Wikipedia for a source for your argument on well anything then you've already lost.

• Actually, it is one of the most founded. It explains both the age of the earth and the current variety of animals. Also, just because it's a theory it doesn't mean it's not accepted.

• So you a guy on the internet knows more about the validity of it than a professor who spent his whole life studying and now teaching at a well awarded university? Okay , what else can you tell me hah.

Truth is many of the remains we think are a different specie use are still genuinely human, of course there are minor adaptations in a species however it's still the same species no matter what, example poodle=canine, wolf=canine. It did not turn into a new species despite the hundreds of thousands of generation of canine it took to take on those qualities,

• I don't believe in it , it doesn't make sense to me

• that thinks just popped up and instantly went to work with no one to guide? would you expect a paint brush to paint on its own?

• that thinks thing just.

• While I definitely believe in a creator I don't want you to think I'm a bible thumper so don't think I'm going to throw some Genisis at you.

However I will say that's more plausible that this world happening to hold enough water, being at just the right distance from a star, and somehow a bunch on mindless cells knocking together made all this. No something made this world or gave it intent. This isn't about creation but still the humans species has always been that.

• don't worry, i do too.

• They'll never conclusively prove evolution. It's all based on assumption, they're missing the final link that proves we came from a common ape ancestor or even a single cellular organism.

• If that theory were true at all however, we'd see it in other species currently wouldn't you say? Yet while some are very similar it's been proven time and again the DNA is nowhere close the same making them believe they did not evolve from each other.

• Yes I do. In fact it is in fact we are able to trace our lineage back BUT also what I'm proposing is a generations of experiment in which a species of ape that is closely related to us to be transformed into a human. Like a Chimpanzee (97-98% genetically the same), we can raise a family of chimp in controlled environment for them to adapt and also to engineer their genome so that their next generation would become genetically closer to human to fasten their evolution and so on until a human is finally born. 99.9% genetically the same as us. That is theoretically possible.. Problem is the moral, years, resource effort to do it. That would certainly prove the evolution.

• and also. In science hypothesis =/= theory. Its different from everyday casual use.

• There is no evidence to support most of what you say, our DNA is incredibly similar to every mammal on earth besides 10-2% and there are clear 'species reference' genes that simply don't line up on any situation. No ones ever seen it in nature even in other species, it's simply a byproduct of Darwinism ideas of how we came to be, it has no real truth, common sense or scientific, behind it.