Poll - Do you love being white?

Poll - Do you love being white?

• Yes
  • No - explain why?
  • Not white - results
I am white and I asked this after looking at the memes that is all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Um sure? I wouldn't want to be anything else.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not really an explicit part of my self identity. If you asked me to describe myself, i doubt i'd think to mention my skin color. It's not because everyone around me is white, i'm in a pretty mixed area, but being 'white' isn't something i think about. My kids don't know that they're white. I mean they know what they look like, but they don't know that 'whiteness' is a thing.

I realize that IS the essence of white privilege - being able to go about life, dealing with police, schools, jobs, banks, etc, while very very rarely needing to even think about what my skin color is.

What Girls Said 9

• I just don't care that I am white

• 2|0
  • I am Hispanic but fall under the category of white even though I am not Anglo... I don't know what being Anglo is like but based on the fact that I am basically living as a white person, sure? I could care less about colour.

• I saw your pic
      You are not white, more like indian hispanic

• you are dark hispanic but nothing wrong with that accept it

• You haven't even met me. I'm not dark at all :/

• i find this offensive!

• Black pride=ok
      Hispanic pride=ok
      Asian pride=ok
      White pride=offensive?

• @ShayanMortazavi1 Sorry I am thinking bias... lol I mean I get offended with race stuff in general. I mean it not like we choose to be a certain race. Like how I didn't pick to be a girl lol Its just kinda of offensive in general. And if I say ok I meant like ok thats just fucked up haha. (: I like to see people color and sex. (:

• I'm indifferent. It's just how I'm made.
    Why are you making it's something to be ashamed of being comfortable in your skin? I'm white and comfortable with that. If I wasn't white I'd be the same lol
    Annoying memes too, all out of context, obviously to suit your very bias agenda.

• I'm not white. I like my ethnicity.

• I don't really think about it enough to love or hate it. I am white. That's about it. I don't care that much.

• I love NOT being white! ;)

• What does this even mean? White as in "Caucasian", or as in "Aryan"?

What Guys Said 18

• Where's the downvote button?

http://youtu.be/JrK_HVGOnUo

• yes, i take pride in the fact i am white

• I love being me in general, were I a different color, I reckon I'd love being that.

• I love it! I've never been harrassed by the police. I don't get suspicious looks from shopkeepers. I live in a nice suburan area with low crime rate and haven't had to work a day in my life thus far. I got a car on my 16th birthday and my parents have already paid for my college tuition! People of lower social economic status shouldn't commit crime because my family and friends have never done so to get by. I've pathed my own way and haven't committed a crime! All I got was a small loan of a million dollars and I was on my way. Oh Golly I love being white :).

• please say this sarcasm is intended to highlight the idiocy of some of that statement.

• obvious sarcasm
      I lol'd

• @LovesTVDx "... this sarcasm is intended to highlight the idiocy of some of that statement."

• Voted C. I'm not white, but considering all the privileges that whites get, I would probably have been a happier man if I were white.

• Why would you like or dislike your skin color? I am indifferent.

• Because he's trolling again

• I agree with you completely man. All it really does is perpetuate racism. As I've said many times on here, people need to stop generalizing the behavior of a few to everyone else and stop putting labels on me and placing them in groups. But as long as blacks and others proclaim pride for theirs, you cannot really blame whites for doing the same.

• 👆…and stop putting labels on them and placing them in groups…

• I don't love or hate being white I just am. Although I don't like when people assume I'm being racist because I'm white or because they hate white people.

• I don't care about my skin color to be honest. I know it's a form of privilege that I don't have to care or even think about my skin color but there it is.

I don't identify with people or groups for such ridiculous reasons. I love being a good person.

• I'm white, living in america... doesn't get any better than this... well maybe if I was born into a wealthy family... but still, you get the point.

• I can tell you are not white, Just by your question.

• It doesn't matter, personally, I would prefer a healthy shade of violet.

• i don┬┤t give a fuck xD it┬┤s nothing i achieved anyway.

• Yes. I don't know why. I just feel good right now.

• If Mediterranean counts as white then yeah I'm alright with being white.

• I'd rather be darker personally... like middle-eastern...

• booo

• Didn't get it... why should I be proud for something I didn't choose anyway?

• I'm not, but it seems fucking sweet, at least if you're relatively OK looking, not some hillbilly. But if genetic engineering happens, some day, everyone will be a 7 foot ├╝bermensch, so who cares? Forget blonde, everyone will probably have neon blue hair, or something crazy. And facially they will all look like supermodels.

• Being white is playing the game of life on easy mode. You d't have to worry about getting harrassed by cops even though you're abiding by the law, more likely to get hired, can get any race of girl you want, cops and the justice system are more leniet towards you, much more likely to get financial oppurtunities, one white person isn't a representitive of the whole race etc... I could go on and on, it's a very long list, but you get the point.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1894936-what-s-it-like-being-white

• you are not white correct?

• No. I think it would be better to blame others for any failures and develop a superiority complex when I succeed.