How to relieve lower back pain?

I was bending down to pick a book up and I pulled something bad and it hurts so bad. Any remedies? I'm so desperate right now! Please help

Most Helpful Girl

• Heat. A hot pad of some kind, voltarine or other muscle easing creams, a hot shower. You need to bring the blood flow back into the muscle. If it gets worse or doesn't get better go to a doctor.

Most Helpful Guy

• Relax, don't do any heavy lifting or sit for long periods of time.
    Icy-Hot patches work good, as do long hot showers (I find going from hot for a few minutes to the coldest I can get for a few minutes and switching back and fourth a few times works good as well)

Also, lay flat on the ground (on your back) and bend your knees so your back is completely flat. Relax, and breathe.
    You don't want to strain anything, but you can also lay flat with your legs straight out, and bend one knee and pull it gently in towards your chest, GENTLY. Breathe and keep this position for a minute or two and then switch sides. This stretches out your lower back and can sometimes help out.
    But please be careful, if you pulled something badly you don't want to make it worse.

There are a lot of good videos on YouTube with yoga techniques for lower back pain.

I think rest and hot/cold therapy is probably the best thing for a few days though, and don't sit for long. Stand up and walk around as much as possible, or lay flat on the ground. You might even sleep on the floor for a few days too (flat on your back)

Good luck! Back pain BLOWS.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• With a back problem get as much rest as possible - Maybe check out a pharmacy for a heat pad or a muscle cream - As others have said if it doesn't get better or worse then you have to go to the doctor.

• Stretching
    To be specific I lay down on my back, bring one knee to my chest, and press down that same leg with my arm towards the floor. Then you alternate or whatever legs to hit the spot that's bothering you.

I should add that you bend your knees and use your legs more when you stoop to the floor.

• Alternate between hot and cold treatments to relieve stress and numb the pain, lay flat on your back, do some light stretching, don't lift heavy objects if you can help it, things like that.

• Ice works for me

• Tiger Balm works wonders.