Is not replying to someone the same as rejecting them?

Or can it also be because of confusion?

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was 15 I asked a girl out and she said yes (she really didn't mean to say yes) and she ignored me for weeks while I was trying to set up a date. I would text her every couple of days trying to initiate conversation and was a stupid boy that couldn't take a hint. Once I figured it out I felt humiliated and stupid. Since then I always take it as a sign of rejection.

• But why did she say yes if she didn't want to, what a silly girl.

I wished a boy a happy Valentine's day with his name and a smiley face and he checked it immediately/didn't reply. I felt so hurt.

• Yeah. That's not slutty right what I did? I was so concerned he may have thought of me as one of 'those' girls.

I thought he might just say thanks and figured if he wanted to talk to me more he would.

• There's nothing slutty about what you did. Don't be afraid to show interest, there's nothing wrong with a girl showing she likes a guy. Any guy that would think you're a slut for telling them to have a happy valentines day is not worth your time anyways.

What Guys Said 5

• Nope. No answer is an answer

• there is no such thing as "confusion". If someone tells you they are confused, they are lying. If you sent an invitation and got no response, either it was not received or the recipient wasn't interested.

• What if you send someone a happy Valentine's wish with their name and a smiley face.

I think he thought it was weird/was a little confused why I am sending it to him because we are not friends in real life and not close enough for me to do that. I just felt like... I may as well hint at me liking him on a day that's supposed to be about love and friendships

• Well it could be confusion by who didn't reply but it's most likely going to be taken as rejection by the other that didn't get one..

• yes same

• No. Just causes confusion. If you're rejecting someone they need to actually know.

What Girls Said 0