What do you think about this quote?

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. —Benjamin Franklin

Most Helpful Guy

• When he left the Constitutional Convention on its final day, a woman in the crowd called out "What form of government have you given us Mr. Franklin? To which he replied "We've given you a Republic, Madam, if you can maintain it." ... He new we were a bunch of lemmings, destined for failure.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd have to agree

• True to an extent but is outdated. The world has changed a lot since the 1700s.

• I don't know I can see how it relates to the world today with the NSA and the patriot act removing essential liberty for so called safety against terrorists.

• @Josht11 good luck convincing congress, the president or the American people.

• The American people are mainly against the NSA spying on them here's a pew poll showing the majority agree with me:
      www.pewresearch.org/.../
      Think before you say.

What Girls Said 0