So far, every message that I have gotten are from curious users asking to see my face.
What about you? What type of messages do you normally get?
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get different different answers from girls and guys. Lol.
Most Helpful Girl
I get shedloads of PM's, and, the vast majority of them are Things Of Substance. In fact, that's one of teh things that has kept me visiting the site, is some of those connections.
Most of the PM's I get fall into 5 categories:
* Helath/fitness/sleep related questions
* "Omg I thought I was the only one" type messages, in response to comments like the one I made on this thread:
Some of these are VERY emotional. I mean, srsly, there have been quite a few that have left me with that "I've srsly changed someone's life / self-image for the better" type of feeling.
* Questions about marriage / very-long-term relationships and/or long-distance relationships, and/or about sexual relationships
* Stuff about random interests I've posted on here from time to time (rat rods, classical music, tech stuff, etc)
* Messages from women who share certain traits with me (ridiculous height, breast implants, etc) and/or want to know more about things I've gone through (childbirth, parenting, being a female breadwinner, living in other countries, growing up without a mother, growing up with brothers, etc) -- basically just hitting me up for my experiences
I get a surprisingly small number of "Hi let's talk!" messages from random boys. I think my age is the biggest breakwater that's stopping that particular tidal wave, lol. Mb that and my marital status (= "most marriedest pony ever", if such a status exists).
I also get a surprisingly small number of random obscene messages.
I mean, the crowd here seems, overall, to be a lot like what I encounter at EDM festivals -- a little eccentric, a little nerdy, a little different, fun in many ways, but very very well behaved on the whole.
Ya know what I mean? Like, an EDM festival is pretty much the one place in the world where I would never expect a large crowd to riot or get violent... and this place seems to be the virtual equivalent of that.
I mean, it's a good thing I type blindingly fast, dude LOL1
Most Helpful Guy
I don't get a lot of messages. But the vast majority of the messages I get are retarded. I've had a few guys who wanted to beat me up, one girl who was telling me to enjoy watching her online environment as an outsider, a few people who asked me to hack somebody's Facebook (Which I have no idea what makes them think I'm a hacker) and so on. Some girl wanted to exchange nudes with me and asked for a picture of my butt... ROFL.1
- Show AllShow Less