Do you get a lot of messages here on GAG? If so, what type of messages do you normally get?

So far, every message that I have gotten are from curious users asking to see my face.

What about you? What type of messages do you normally get?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get different different answers from girls and guys. Lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• I get shedloads of PM's, and, the vast majority of them are Things Of Substance. In fact, that's one of teh things that has kept me visiting the site, is some of those connections.

Most of the PM's I get fall into 5 categories:

* Helath/fitness/sleep related questions

* "Omg I thought I was the only one" type messages, in response to comments like the one I made on this thread:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1910564-why-do-girls-like-fantasizing-about-rape
    Some of these are VERY emotional. I mean, srsly, there have been quite a few that have left me with that "I've srsly changed someone's life / self-image for the better" type of feeling.

* Questions about marriage / very-long-term relationships and/or long-distance relationships, and/or about sexual relationships

* Stuff about random interests I've posted on here from time to time (rat rods, classical music, tech stuff, etc)

* Messages from women who share certain traits with me (ridiculous height, breast implants, etc) and/or want to know more about things I've gone through (childbirth, parenting, being a female breadwinner, living in other countries, growing up without a mother, growing up with brothers, etc) -- basically just hitting me up for my experiences

__

I get a surprisingly small number of "Hi let's talk!" messages from random boys. I think my age is the biggest breakwater that's stopping that particular tidal wave, lol. Mb that and my marital status (= "most marriedest pony ever", if such a status exists).

I also get a surprisingly small number of random obscene messages.
    I mean, the crowd here seems, overall, to be a lot like what I encounter at EDM festivals -- a little eccentric, a little nerdy, a little different, fun in many ways, but very very well behaved on the whole.
    Ya know what I mean? Like, an EDM festival is pretty much the one place in the world where I would never expect a large crowd to riot or get violent... and this place seems to be the virtual equivalent of that.

I mean, it's a good thing I type blindingly fast, dude LOL

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't get a lot of messages. But the vast majority of the messages I get are retarded. I've had a few guys who wanted to beat me up, one girl who was telling me to enjoy watching her online environment as an outsider, a few people who asked me to hack somebody's Facebook (Which I have no idea what makes them think I'm a hacker) and so on. Some girl wanted to exchange nudes with me and asked for a picture of my butt... ROFL.

• Damn, man. I would've never thought that guys would get these type of messages.

• Sounds like a balanced view.

I also just don't have the time to get into fights like that, as much as I would sometimes enjoy doing so. (:

• @redeyemindtricks Haha, I never really reply to them. I just get their messages then block them.

What Girls Said 19

• Now that I only allow messages from users I follow, I have regular conversations in messages. Like continuing to talk about something away from a comment thread, or just general chat.

Before that, I used to get guys trying to sext with me, send me links to their dick pics asking me to rate it, asking me for nudes, sending links to their nudes, asking about fetishes, asking to see my feet or legs, or asking my opinion on weird sexual shit like incest or bestiality... like fuck the hell off you disgusting people. Now if people do any of that, I just unfollow them and then they can't message me anymore.

• Yikes! But at least you're cool with some of the users here to have conversations outside of threads.

• Yeah, I've only been on this site for 10 days but I'm starting to get familiar with some of the users here (including you).

And I'm sure if I'll get tons of creeps messaging me if I signed up for an account using my sister's pictures. Lol.

• If you leave it open, you would. I don't recommend it! Lol

• 'sexy body', 'I have a question... my dick is 9.5" and my girlfriend said it's too small. Is that true?', or a ton of 'If I had just one night with you, I would fuck you till you couldn't walk' or some variations of that.

I got 20 messages somewhat like those while I was eating breakfast this morning. x_x

• OMG. Guys can be such desperate perverts!

• Lol who were they? Name one

• @ShayanMortazavi1 lol nono it's fine. Since I don't reply usually, they leave me alone. I'm no rat, plus that's something that you kind of come to expect when online. :P

• It fluctuates between weeks honestly. There will be some weeks where I hardly get any messages. The following week, I'll get many more. For example, the other day, I woke up and had messages from seven different people. That is a record, haha. Two PMs were from people I chat with normally. The others were creepers.

• I see that you're at Level 9. So you no longer get messages from GAG about posting 20 opinions for the day, right?

• Na, I don't need to. I could get fresh Maryland blue crabs anywhere in NYC (especially Chinatown).

This is why living near NYC is so great :)

• Ahh, I gotcha. That makes it easier!

• Not much since I have that I don't care for creep shhh in my inbox. I do not really get message's from people here. Only 1 has been a real conversation. some have been... You have wild eye's, I hear black girl's are fun (I dragged him good tf is fun I don't know why they think I can't read in between the line's of a sexual tone's.. wild eye's bedroom eye's #fuckboyalert 😑) are you dom or sub? I'm bored hbu (well mf go play a game or ur dick, idk?) The person I want to message me doesn't at all like... DAFUQ? 😂😂😢😢 I'm still waiting for bae though lol.

• Or yeah they asked to see me like I'm a catfish or something or just out of curiosity. I didn't have a prob with that one until it became multiple pervs most likely trying to pic the modern day mae west that is me while making baby gravy... sick mofo's here.

• Many Messages every day from Friends who Need me or other Followers/Following who also Need me as well.
    However, in 'Messages,' Also Follows Notifications and They don't just Come in as Drips and Drabs, @Beerfarts.
    Good luck. xx

• At least most your messages are from someone you know :)

• You're welcome. And kick those naughty boys to the curb!

• lol!!! Blocked.:)) xxoo

• Do you have nice legs?
    Can you rate my dick?
    Are you a virgin?
    I'm horny let's sext.
    That's why I set my profile on private, but it still doesn't always work.

• haha! My boyfriend <3! lol Everyone else I ignore unless i someone i know who want to say hi. (: But if they trying be creepy I am like nope. hahah!

• Instant block. Haha.

• I do 😀!! Did you end up stealing my New Yorker from me 😭💔? Lol jk
      Who is it 😏?

• @ElissaDido Haha (: no someone else.

• Same. People want to see my face, or want to play a game. "I'll ask a bunch of questions some normal, some sexy, and you answer". So weird

• I have my profile private so random people can't message me, so I don't get a lot of messages.

• Rather normal messages from people I know. Most of the time it's a "hello, what's up?" To "I really need your advice on this Mooky!"

• It's cool that you've built that type of rapport with other users on here. I thought that every girl would get messages from pervs. Lol.

• They're either creepers, desperate virgins, or both. Lol.

• I don't know what it is, but it's utterly weird
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh wells

• Creepy ones.
    Foot fetish, leg fetish, incest, cleavage questions/comments.
    A guy gave me his address once and told me to meet him for sex.

• Sorry about all those =/

• Lol how many of them are Indian?

• @ShayanMortazavi1 lmao probably all of them. They don't have pictures up, so I gotta go off what their profile says. And even then they're probably lying.

• I get the awkward messages of people wanting me to answer their question. I try the best I could.

Every once in a blue moon, I'll get one of those really creepy messages asking whether I would kill someone or live in the ocean..

• No where near as many as I used to.. Thank Heavens.

• I wouldn't say a lot but I get quite a few! Maybe over half of the messages are about advice, questions or guys trying to flirt with me. The other half are from people that I talk to on a regular basis:)

• I talk to a few people but that's about it. Sometimes I get random creepy questions.

• I get a lot of messages on here! I usually talk 2 only two people consistently over messaging. But, besides them, the type of messages I get are too inappropriate to share haha

• Not surprising. You probably get catfished a lot too, homie. Lol.

• I only get them very rarely, and they're a little something like this - "Hey, what's up?"

:/

• Nope. Nobody PM me because I go anon all the time.

• Not any more. I used to, but I had to set my profile to private and I message others first.

• Current messages are just friendly, talking about entertainment mostly.

• Good strategy!

• It makes my time on here better, honestly!

What Guys Said 9

• Every message except for maybe 10 in my 7 years here has been one from a 'girl' trying to sell me porn.

• Mostly from @thisdudehere asking for dick pics.

• Fitness questions, pm gag friends back and forth, and an occasional awkward dating question

• I don't, like at all these days. BACK IN THE DAY WHEN I WAS STILL A THING, I got like 5 different people averaging messaging me daily. Those were the days.

They were literally all girls just tryin to start a conversation! And I miss that!

• I get done every now and then and there are a couple people I talk to regularly. Most are just normal chitchat but yeah you get also some weird ones every now and then

• Most of my messages (when I used to be super active) was from people saying hi and some were advice questions

• you have made 20 post and you are add free for the next 24 hours.
    thats about it

• Like once a week at most. I think people on here figure out quick enough that I'm not very friendly.

• Luckily no.

Just annoying messages about me having answered 20 questions

• I get that everyday. Lol.

• I didn't even know they did that, lol. I don't think I've posted more than 20 opinions in a day anyways.

I have adblock so I don't see the ads, haha. You'll be ad free when you reach level 7 anyways.

• @musicbrain5 , woo hoo! I'm working my way up! That's why I goof off on GAG a lot (especially when I'm supposed to be working). Lol.