How smart do you think you are?

Be honest. Do you think you're average, really smart, etc. You can estimate your IQ or rate your smarts from 1-10/specify which area you think you're smart in. I'm curious

• I'm highly intelligent (top 5%)
  • I'm very intelligent (top 20%)
  • I'm above average intelligence (top <50%)
  • I'm average intelligence (right in the middle)
  • I'm below average intelligence (bottom <50%)
  • I'm very unintelligent (bottom 20%)
  • I'm highly unintelligent (bottom 5%)

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the type of smart we're talking here. I went with academic smarts, both because that's what people seem to most commonly mean and because that's just what I'm best at. Under that definition, I think I'm around the top 20% for my age group, judging by statistics for grades and standardized test scores I've received.

As for any other kind of smart, who knows. Emotional intelligence, probably below average at least, and general world-wisdom/common sense probably about average. The trouble with trying to judge our own intelligence is that generally, stupid people can't tell they're stupid, and people in general just tend to think well of themselves (as shown by the spread of answers on your poll). Trouble is, there's no great way to measure these things. Academic intelligence can sorta-kinda be measured via standardized tests, but even that can get iffy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Double major cum laude grad working in consulting checking in
    Above average, but nothing spectacular.

I'm actually a nerd, but BC I workout instead of play video games I'm a meathead now lol

• Better a meathead, than a knucklehead.

• @lanternhill true. Tons of kids come in from uni with these glamorous views of the job, and HR recruiters just feed them shit BC they don't even know the job. At the end of projects, presenting to senior VPs and working with business executives, that is glamorous, and I can make my job sound really sexy (and trust me, I play that card on dates all night long lol)

But the reality is, why would companies hire us to do fun, sexy things? They don't, simple logic alone would tell you consulting is tedious work with your nose in excel spreadsheets all day lol and that's the truth.

• Hahahaha I helped with an excel-based project once - it was terrible. I feel ya.

What Girls Said 11

• I'd consider myself highly intelligent. I've been considered gifted my entire life and I feel like oftentimes I pick up on material much faster than the rest of my peers. Moreover, I have had significant academic success and have achieved a solid record that gave me a full ride to study biomedical and computer engineering in college - of which I am currently doing. I also was recruited to help research infectious diseases by the CDC throughout college. I think I'm justified in thinking that I'm in the top 5% of intelligence.

• move over. that top 5% belongs those of us in the highly gifted magnets. once you're done w/ school n stuff... and in teh real world, you'll realize you're not as smart as u'd like to believe. i finally accepted that i'm nothing special around 26-27...

• It doesn't change the fact that the majority of people haven't done what I have on my age. Am I something special? No. Do I have more raw intelligence than the majority of people? Yes.

• Apparently my iq is 114 so I guess I'm about average

• Saying that you're average, makes you smarter than most. ^.^

• I think I vary depending on the topic, ranging from very good-excelence, but I'm 10x smarter than everyone else I know, was a hardcore geek at school. I also think most people vary depending on whatever topic. Yet, I've met students from china and Korea that were so much smarter than me, so really, I think it just depends on whether you're considered smart for your country. It's just the educational system of whatever country that determines most of society's intelligence.

• Lol I love how 27% of girls and 19% of guys say they're in the top 5%. Given statistics and the not-so-brilliant opinions I've seen on this site... I doubt that.

• I'm not too pretentious, I'd say average. Although looking around, sometimes I wonder if I'm above average these days. >.<

• I think I have above average intelligence, but am not that smart. I did well all throughout school.

• I'd say above average intelligence. I don't know my IQ though.

• I have no idea.

• I'm not as smart as I seem. I just have a thing for interesting facts that make me sound smart😊

• Not really intelligent I think, I'm pretty dumb

• I think I'm below average.

What Guys Said 17

• I believe I'm in the 20% and above range. I think I am generally pretty smart, but I'm not in the "genius" range. I guess I'm alright, but not incredibly special.

What has always hurt me was motivation and putting forth effort rather than raw intelligence. I tend to not put in much effort to things I dislike and instead put in all the effort plus more into things I do enjoy.

(Ok, maybe you could argue from a psychological standpoint that memory retrieval is better if it is a subject one is motivated to study, but whatever... Let's not get technical here 😅)

• I'm smart enough to know that there's still oceans of knowledge out there
    that I have yet to delve into.

• im smart af when im getting paid ;)

• I guess i would consider myself a top 5%. But then again, it must be asked on what system you base it.
    If it is based on your ability to operate STEM based problems dealing with, pretty much, the "E" and the "M", then I am far worse than the next guy in line.
    But give me some data, a couple photos of bas-relief, or any non-mathematics based problem and i would do pretty well.

• I honestly couldn't say. I'm quite biased against myself, and I can't afford to legitimately test my intelligence; I'm not substituting a legitimate IQ test (conducted by a credited psychologist) for one of those online IQ tests, lol.

I estimate that I'm above average intelligence, compared to other people around my age.

• Well.. I finished one of my masters in 3 months, so I'm quite sure I'm at least a little bit above average.

• My IQ is about 140, but that doesn't stop my arrogance. I claim I am top in the 0.1% as far as intelligence is concerned.

• My IQ tested at 138, but I was one of the laziest students of all time. A Ferrari engine is worthless in a car with no fuel.

• I've got a mensa IQ (top 2%) and I've wrote 2 novels, made 1 album, and I've wrote a third of a non fiction book, I know lots of things.

• I think I'm very intelligent if we're talking academically, really don't mean to brag or boast.

• I think I'm of average intelligence.

• Voted A

• I'm highly intelligent.

• I'm average intelligence.

• IQ is not a good barometer of intelligence.

• enough to see the underneath of things.

• Well, I know I'm in the top 5% at my school, every one there is a moron!
    :-P