Would you ever try LSD or magic mushrooms?

Just an intresting question I've though about, niether of them are dangerous but can have some fearful experiences, but also very intresting experiences also, so would you?

• Yes!
  • Maybe
  • Fuck no!!
Wow there are SO many misconceptions about these 2 substances, of course they are not for everyone and have dangers, but they are FAR safer than most legal drugs today, I'm not condoning going out a getting them, but please don't buy into the silly myths.
I should not have said "not dangerous", but they are among the safest of all legal or illegal recreational drugs.

Most Helpful Guy

• To anyone considering either, I highly recommend treating them with RESPECT.
    I've probably tripped about a dozen times +/- and Leary was right... your experience has a LOT to do with SET & SETTING.

What is your intention, going in? Are you just doing it to try it? Partying and want to get fucked up? Seeking knowledge or understanding of yourself?

I'm a believer that these substances should primarily be used in a spiritual or introspective context, to experience a whole new perspective on the world you live in and to discover or learn about yourself. Yes, it CAN be a fun experience too, and I wouldn't hold it against someone who did it for recreation, but I do think that they are POWERFUL substances that deserve respect.

Don't trip (for the first time, at least) if you're super stressed out or upset, while you may come out the other end better than you went in, that's recipe for a "bad" trip. I think the scary, frightening trips can sometimes be the most important, if you're facing some demon that's holding you back but it can be a bumpy ride and if you're new to psychedelics, it might be too much to handle.

As far as setting goes, be prepared to check out for 6 hours or so, at least. That means no curfew you're trying to beat, or important responsibilities (probably good to clear a full 24 hours before anything real important). Be in a safe place with people you trust and are comfortable around, and have someone responsible (preferably with some psychedelic experience under their belt) who can be a sober trip-sitter.

Do your research if you're serious about trying it, go in prepared and play it safe. The substances aren't dangerous in and of themselves, you're not really at any physical risk because of them and they're not addictive in the way that other drugs are, but you do need to have a certain emotional/psychological strength to handle them and not come out screwed up, and you're not going to really be "in this world" during the trip, so having someone to make sure you don't do anything stupid or dangerous as well as to be there in case you hit a rough spot and need reassurance that you're not ACTUALLY dying, or for silly stuff like when the doorbell rings unexpectedly or God forbid there was another type of emergency... Better safe than sorry.

Here's a good, easy to read guide to your first trip.

http://arithegreat.com/shroomfestprimer/

Also check out The Psychedelic Explorers Guide on Amazon.

• Very good information! Safely tripping is very very important!

• Yeah I usally like keep my shroom doses to half an eight to 2 grams, I'm more of a fan of LSD though, I can't handle it a lot easier. I've never had a bad experience on either I just get very confused on shrooms, Highest LSD dose I've done so far is around 250ug, sold dose, very fun!

• Very informative! Thanks!

What Girls Said 16

• no way. i am way too afraid of how i would react to them. everyone's body responds differently and i am terrified of what mine would do. i'm not the most emotionally or mentally stable individual so most drugs are a no go for me. just to take precautions. i never want to be the sad story of someone who killed herself while on a trip or something.

• No thanks, y'all.

• I've taken shrooms a few times.

And a small amount of lsd..
    At different times haha.

I've heard too much about lsd to be comfortable.

Shrooms are fun every once in a while. I've never had a terrifying experience.

• "Neither of them are dangerous"? SMH.

• Magic Mushrooms aren't. No negative side effects.

• @Random-toolbag-person1234 doesn't like my profile pic and continues to harass me about it.

• In the small version, she looks like she has a pig nose... In the larger one, she looks fine...

• I'd probably have a very bad trip and I would just be waiting for it to end the entire time

• If it's in a safe environment who cares?

• now that I'm taking drugs and society as a class, I'm thinking maybe I should lol, but I wouldn't know who to get it from so I'll stay away.

• I would never to it. I'm not so fond of picking up disgusting habits.

• Not in my life time.

• Noooooooo... no, no, nnnO!

Ixnay the ugsdray

• If it's not harmful I might do it just for the experience :)

• No probably not

• No way these are drugs.

• If you've drank coffee your using a drug that actully caused for deaths than the 2 drugs above, im not saying go use but it's kinda silly to jump to that assumption.

• Nah, I ain't about that life.

• I've only done the casual weed, but even that seriously messes me up so to be honest I don't think I would be able to handle anything stronger hahah

• Hahaha mushrooms are a lot more crazy, real LSD actully gives a clear headspace

• Yeah I only stick to psychedelics and weed I try to avoid alcohol and other worse drugs.

• Well that's pretty good of you, you seem to be in control.
      Yeah and if those drugs are doing it for you then there's not much reason to go further

• Tried LSD once, didn't really care for it and dont plan on trying it again...

What Guys Said 18

• i've done mushrooms a handful of times. never did LSD. i'm not a big fan of synthesized drugs or drugs that impact the neural pathways. only because a bad batch or a certain person can potentially cause brain damage or in some people it can cause psychotic breakdowns.

mushrooms to me felt safer since they are natural and only impact the blood but don't cross the blood - brain barrier.

before doing shrooms i did hours of research. any drug should be researched thoroughly before use and treated as such... a drug.

• I have tripped many times (around 35 times) on both and only one bad trip with a bad setting and not the right atmosphere of people. While tripping many weird events happen at that same time. I remember tripping while the SF earthquake was happening that was crazy. another time my brother killed his cat in front of us. he didn't even know we were trip'n until after that. I got stuck in that split one second of LIFE-DEATH. and I can still get back into that one second of life change.
    As an artist I can credit acid for my artistic influences.

I have since quite using everything including drink for over 12 years so i will not do it again given the choice however I do not regret my experiences.

• Neither is dangerous. But many have died from their actions during a bad trip. And many have mind problems decades later. But it is not dangerous. Hmmmm.

• That's very true, but think about how many people have killed themselves while under the influence of alcohol. Of course LSD/shrooms are not for everyone.

• I've listed the dangers and misconceptions about LSD, you obviously have not been reading my posts, but I'll say it again, psychedelic drugs like LSD are not for everyone and can cause bad experience that result in death, but it is among the safest of all legal or illegal drugs.

• And you are still telling me your misconceptions without any references to reliable data. goodbye.

• I've had acid before but not mushies. we got warned off them by an older guy we knew who had had waking nightmares on them and nearly killed himself. We were all sitting on a hill in town one night when we were young sharing a bottle of vodka. We'd taken them and we were lying in the grass staring up at the stars. My mate screamed out loud suddenly and bolted down to hill shouting and bawling. We didn't see him till the next day. He said the stars had all joined into a big octopus and shit a big tentacle down to grab him. It was as funny as fuck. saw another guy said he was running away from a giant ten pence piece

• LOL! LSD>shroomers for sure, shrooms are a wild mind fuck!

• Eccy was my drug as a teen. Fried my brain with it. Started hallucinating every time I took it. That's a sign of brain damage. I function perfectly fine but there was times I couldn't have told you my first name. Drugs are for mugs. It's not always the physiological stuff that does the damage more the psychological. Different extremes of moods damage the psyche. Maybe you could even call it spiritual damage. That applies

• Nah brah and actually yes LSD can make you dehydrated, people die all the time from it. And it also depends on the mushroom, others have developed psychological disorders because of its effects like schizophrenia, psychosis and other nasty things. I have no need to trip, not interested but since im becoming an EMT im certain our paths will cross.

• YES!! Probably abuse mushrooms more since there are no known negative side effects.

• LSD is rated lower on the scale of dangerous substances than smoking Tabacco, cocaine, alcohol

I think it was close to cannabis

• haha I've tried it, just wanted to see GAG thoughts

• Some tribal communities actually use pure lsd or some type of hallucinogen as a therapeutic session for trouble people. The trip is so strong and intense. The session lasts about 24 hours (of course not at peak for 24 hours) and they stay in a small room alone for that whole time. Usually come out purging all their demons and negative energy

Dont try that though 😌

• No, I love my mental health and I love to keep in touch whit reality not whit some psychedelic experience.

• Whoa dude hold on "not dangerous?" LSD can cause you to lose your mind PERMANENTLY!!! In a bad way... Careful man... Careful

• Wouldn't have said not dangerous, but least dangerous of all legal or illegal recreational drugs.

• if you are going to try shrooms... it is VERY IMPORTANT that you are in a good, happy mood and you choose the best most comforting location, and have a sober friend to babysit your tripping ass! Because if you have a bad trip it will seem like an eternity

• I have some experience with shrooms, but thanks for info,

• I don't know where you got your information from but oh yes they are dangerous too.

• LSD/shrooms have never caused a direct overdose, of course they are not for everyone.

• LSD is not stored in your spine, and when I meant magic mushrooms I meant mushrooms containing psilocybin not just random mushrooms outside, flashbacks are caused due to stress, and I've been on LSD And shrooms and they are one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had

• Mushrooms are nothing to mess with and I wouldn't advise you or anyone else here to mess with them. And if you currently are you're rolling the dice ever time you do is all I can say.

• No fun that worthless shit

• Hell to the no.

• Never trust magic mushrooms, they're all liars!

• I have multiple times. Only the feeble minded would have a fearful experience.

• I've tripped on acid hundreds of times...

I think I permanently damaged my brain...

• No, I wouldn't.

• I might experiment with LSD in a locked, empty, windowless room with a friend waiting outside.

• I want to badly but haven't been able to find it. I don't really hang out with that crowd. Even if I did, I wouldn't trust street acid. 25i-NBOMe is some nasty shit.

I'm also pretty paranoid about getting busted by the cops. When you think about it, it's insane that you can be fined, thrown in jail and have your life ruined just for possessing a certain chemical.

• Yeah! I know man I honestly get sooo mad about that, the laws are supposed to protect society throwing someone in for using a chemical is just insane, yeah it's very hard to get real LSD and not an RC, what I've done is gone to the deep side of the web... a bit of coin can go a long way

• The only problem I have with the darknet markets is that there's a package with drugs in it with your name and address on it. It's probably safer than meeting up with some sketchy dealer but an in-person deal is much harder to trace.

Told ya I was paranoid.

• Yeah I feel I was a bit paranoid at first, I don't want to say to much saying I'm also paranoid haha