Happy Sunday all: Do you guys believe there is another life after here?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I do believe in afterlife.

Most Helpful Guy

• I do. Not for us, but for the next "us", it takes a bit to explain, but in simple terms, let's just say that I believe in souls, and their leaving our bodies once they become immobile, to look for a new vessel.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't believe in afterlife.
    I just think death has always been the big fear of human kind and we can't handle the idea that when we die, everything stop.

• I'm not sure... I think that whatever you believe it will be is what it will be. If you think you're going to hell, your mind will create it for you. If you think you'll just end, that's what will happen. If you believe in heaven, you'll imagine one for yourself.

• Whether you believe in something or not, the truth remains.

• Yes but the difference is that I have natural science on my side.

• @BlueCoyote Groannnnn... not responding... will not take bait...

• Yeah
    Heaven & hell

What Guys Said 4

• No. Increase in entropy.

Imagine you have an ice cube.
    s2.evcdn.com/.../ice-cube-57.jpeg
    In room temperature your ice cube will begin to melt until its nothing but a puddle of water. Will the puddle of water ever turn into an ice cube once again? No. Even if introduce an outside force and cool down the puddle of water you'll only end up with ice, not an ice cube. Such is the way nature works. Yes, energy can never be destroyed, however it turns from useable energy (ice cube) into unusable energy (scattered ice). here's another metaphor. Think of useable energy as a jar with jam. You drop the jar on the floor and it will break and you'll have jam all over your floor. Sure, technically you still have a jar of jam but the only thing its good for is trashcan.

I am afraid that the way the universe works is it moves towards an increase in entropy, this is why we have a direction and time and life flows the way it does. Think of everything as a forward moving, irreversible chemical reaction.

• But who is to say that the entropy won't receive the energy into something else? Who's to say that you're not moving from one form to another like ice to water to vapor?

• @Punkin45 Like I said before you started off with an ice cube. you'll never get an ice cube again.

• While I don't know what is going to happen, I have absolutely no good reason so far to believe that an afterlife should exist. In fact, scientifically speaking it definitely makes much more sense to assume that an afterlife does not exist. And also, psychology has good explanations why we WANT there to be something afterwards. Unfortunately, just because we want something doesn't mean it'll actually be that way. Chances are, after death will be just like before birth. Nothing.

I think the idea of an "afterlife" says much more about human megalomania than about what's actually, objectively true. Most human beings consider themselves incredibly important - much more so than they actually are. This is also why we have religions. Of course a god must have created us as the crown of all living things - cuz we're so important. Of course we can't just die afterwards. We have to live on! We're way too important to just stop existing!
    Well, unfortunately for humankind and its megalomania, this is no the case. We're anything BUT important. Both as species as well as individual people. As individual people we may be important to a few other people around us but the vast majority of humans on the planet don't give a shit about us. Similarly, as a whole species, we couldn't be less significant. We live on a tiny rock in an almost endless universe. We've been around less than 1% of the time the dinosaurs have been around. If you compare time as a clock with 24 hours and the beginning of our planet as midnight, the time human being even came into existence would equal to about 23:59:58 (two seconds before the next midnight). We think we're so important that we can't bear the idea of just not existing anymore. That's also why we sometimes say "the world will end" when in fact only humanity is meant. We're not even a millionth as important as we take ourselves to be. And thus, there's really no reason why we should be living on in an afterlife. In fact, I consider it a pretty arrogant (typical human) idea. That is why personally, I try to see the beauty in the natural circle of life - being born and dying - rather than inventing some idea of an afterlife. I believe it's a nice and calming thing to be subjected to nature, to come from nature and go back to nature. Just like all other living things.

• Im hope there is but I doubt it :/

• Happy Sunday for you too.
    Even if there is, why did we start living this life here on earth?