What's with all the questions from anonymous users of late requesting personal information?

I just don't get it. Why do some GAG users think it's ok to ask questions requesting personal information. Yet the hide behind the anonymous feature while asking. Personally I don't see the need for being anon. Being as we are already anonymous to start with.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• Whats funnier is lvl 1 users asking everyone to post a selfie lol am I the only one who thinks thats weird?

*puts on tin foil cap*

I think Skynet is using gag to gather information about us so that it can create perfect clones of us that would ultimately one day replace us.
    media.giphy.com/media/YoB1eEFB6FZ1m/giphy.gif

• The last part of your question I have always agreed with :)

They probably go anon when asking for personal information so that you don't identify them on GAG either, giving them an advantage of approaching you later under another alias that may or may not be anon again :)

Whichever way anyone soliciting or spelling out personal information is to be reported :)

• Thank you for liking my opinion young lady :) <3

• I like that you refer to me as young. lol hahaha

• Why did I know you'd say that. For heaven's sake I'm 44 and you are not even 40 so... (PLUS you are one beautiful girl too <3 :D )

• ANONS are the dregs of society
    yet GAG protects them as important traffic catalysts they take to advertisers to raise ad fees

Think of throwing rock at frogs from behind a stone wall as ANONS
    with no fear stones will be flying back at them.

Thus, getting personal with you is a turn on, perhaps as horrible as rape or as innocent as rape role play or as unsettling as the latter, when only one has agreed to the rules

• I hope it's not a trick to get confidential info... when it's not delicate I may sometimes answer but I'm careful as well :o
    What I almost never do is answering anon... if it's too delicate I leave the question for what it is!

• Do they want you to announce it publicly to the world because they have to go off anon if they want anyone to actually contact them.

Some people are just weird and don't know how to interact with others.

• Cowards basically unless its something serious that they dont want someone to recognise them then i can understand it.

BUT even not being anon we dont know who people are.

Requesting what kind of info?

• no totally agree, do not get the whole anon bit.

• Yeah, I've had someone before create a fake account and message me asking me about personal information before "she" started asking me to hack some guy's facebook who raped her and took nudes...

• Yeah, and when I told "her" that I don't do that kind of stuff and I'm not a hacker to begin with, she was so adamant about it believing that I am a hacker and I'm just lying... I work in Information Technology but I'm not a hacker...

• Some people are being realistic on this site.

• I disagree... I wanna be 100% anonymous for ma own reasons... and nope I never request any personal information...

Shit not all anonymous are bad people...

• I never meant all. Guess I should have worded it different.

What Girls Said 0