How to stop procrastinating?

Procrastination gives me lot of troubles and I need to stop now. Which methods work on you?

Most Helpful Guy

• get off yo fuckin ass

Most Helpful Girl

• I have sticky notes in a few places around the house and pro-action quote wallpaper on my computers.

What Guys Said 10

• I need to know too! It's the worst...

• I'll tell you later...

• I would think of a method to stop procastination, but I think I'm just going to leave it for tomorrow.

• I use procrastination as my brain drug. I get so productive lol

Just start making a schedule, do a certain amount of work by a certain time, take a break then get back to it.

• I have 18 alarms on my phone and I ignore them all except for classes and food.

Never do homework :(

• not really, my step mother doesn't give a shit about me doing homework or not XD

• Would you stick to rules that you put on yourself?

Like I'm not going out this weekend unless I finish all of my work.

• I remove all distractions so I get so bored I end up doing the work. Or give yourself something to look forward to for when you've done the work and don't let yourself have that reward until you've done it all... ie, propaganda :P

• Do the thing

• You can't,... It's source is you don't have control over yourself...
    You need to sit feel peaceful and need to feel stagnant...
    IN short words you need to meditate it will help you a lot
    Think of 3 things
    1) what you were as a child and what events you did in past and what happened as an result?
    2) Did your learn from your mistakes and chose a better path and are you a better person now?
    3) whatever is your situation now and your plans ahead will they lead you to your destiny what you want to achieve?
    You will find peace easily and once you have found it you will be focused, faced the same problem when I was your age..

• Try turning off your houses power and turn off your phone.

• Is this for school?
    Go to a library. It makes it easier to study.

What Girls Said 6

• Eh, it's not all bad.
    I'm very resourceful, creative, and calm in crisis-management situations -- and I owe most of that to being an inveterate procrastinator.

You see where I'm going with this?
    If it's a sufficiently stubborn personality trait, you may want to move yr focus away from trying to get rid of it, and onto trying to make the most of it.

I mean, yeah, you need to judge when it's ABSOLUTELY necessary to start doing stuff. And when time pressure gets to be too much.
    But... you might find that procrastination is actually the best strategy.

If I have 5 hours of stuff to do and 12 hours to do it... I might not get it done.
    If I have 5 hours of stuff to do and 4 hours to do it... I'll totally get it done, and I'll invent new ways to be more efficient along the way.
    That's just the way I work best. Crisis management ftw. Chaos is relaxation. Crazy is calm.
    The only time I go crazy, is when there's peace and quiet.

Really -- Before you think about how to fix the problem, think about whether the problem is actually a problem.

• LOL! I do the exact same thing! I leave everything for the last minute because I work better under pressure XD

• Hey, you're a very nice lady!

• I'll tell you later.

• Do you want to feel better about yourself?
    Then do it. Nobody can force you.
    You can do it now, by yourself.

• Here's a trick, procrastinate procrastinating. While you're putting off procrastination you'll have to do shit. It's like reverse psychology. Good luck!

• I wish I could tell you

• I'm worst procastinator ,, : ( But Today I found out that Knowing ur priority help a lot
    I'm reading book about it & will comeback with new information ❤️