His hygienes are A Turn off?

My husband has this terrible odor that gets stronger and smells like shit when we have sex. I don't give him oral because of it. I have told him this and he thinks because we're married I shouldn't care. I don't kiss him either because his breath smells like morning breath all freaking day. I am no longer attracted to him for these reasons. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• We have to possibilities here: either he is indeed very dirty or you are totally over-sensitive or judgmental. Since we people on GaG don't know any of you two, it's practically impossible to know who is right.
    Does he take regular showers? Does he brush his teeth 2-3 times a day?

• He showers daily and brushes his teeth once. I think his smoking has really made his breath that bad

• Does he smoke a lot? Like a pack a day or something like that? Cuz yes, smoking can make your breath reeeeally disgusting and when you sweat it also comes out of your skin.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is totally an immature opinion, but it's always an option; you could just let yourself get really stinky, whether that means you don't brush your teeth if you know you're spending the day with him or letting your lady bits get smelly. Maybe that'll show him how much it actually does matter.

Another option would always be marriage counseling if he's refusing to listen to you or see things your way. However, it kind of sounds to me like he thinks he's got this whole marriage thing figured out. He could end up being totally unwilling to admit to a therapist that there is a problem between the two of you.

What Guys Said 6

• Sounds disgusting and bizarre!

• Refuse the goods until he cleans up.

• Ugh. No sex until he cleans up. I don't know. You have to really tell him to or get a friend to say it. Maybe he will listen then.

• Refuse to do ANYTHING sexual until he takes a shower AND brushes his teeth.

Although I'd also be contemplating divorce.

• That is just nasty... I would tell him to clean up his act or he can play by himself from now on.

You are his wife and not obligated to have sex with him.

• LOL!

What Girls Said 6

• Is he showering?
    Things will get a little stinky during sex, but shouldn't be too bad if he smelled okay before you started.
    Does he brush his teeth?
    Does he have dry mouth?
    Does he have a cavity?
    Has he tried mouthwash?
    If all these things are okay then he should go see a dentist.
    You need to talk to him and let him know how you feel.

• His diet n smoking is the cause of it

• Dang I think you should really say something, Because this is your husband and he should do something about it if it causes you to feel this

• Take him to the doctor.

I think it can bs solved.

• I would talk to him again. Then refuse the goods until he cleans up. Also, is he ok? People let their hygiene go sometimes when they aren't in a good place mentally. A therapist might help you guys communicate more effectively.

• Have had therapy and he refuses to take any of the therapist advice.

• Try telling him it's turning you off? Compliment and acknowledge him when he does something that is attractive or nice?

• Tell him. This is already a major problem for seeing as you are no longer attracted to him. Tell him that his hygiene is an issue and that you do care about it because it smells bad. Be straight up.