Do you believe that when you dream about someone, it's because they're thinking about you?

I've never been superstitious. Hell, I'm an atheist and all that "miracle" thing doesn't get past me. But I do believe in circumstances and fate. I do believe that when the power of the mind is great, it can accomplish amazing things.

I've recently heard someone say that when we dream about someone, they either are also dreaming about us or thinking about us. As I said, I usually do not believe in such things but what is happening is that I'm constantly dreaming about someone that I love and that I miss and seriously, I do not think about that person every day.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's because they're thinking or dreaming about you because I believe that to be nonsense. I do, however, believe that seeing the same person in your dream over and over is because they're attached to a particular emotion and your subconscious mind is using them to convey some meaning. A particular guy could represent your ideal partner and your brain is trying to express feelings of desire, for example.

I also believe in the multiverse theory so I like to pretend that your dreams are glimpses of alternate realities which one version of you is currently living. It's silly but I think it's fun.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to be superstitious but now I am agnostic. I wish this was true because it's very sweet to think about but no I don't think so. My best friend dreams of her celebrity man crush and I am pretty sure he does not even know her.

What Guys Said 5

• No, I do not think that. I think people want to believe these kind of things because it feels good to believe them. I mean, who wouldn't like it if your crush or a good friend thinks about you.
    The reality is more mundane I believe. We don't dream of other people because they think of us but it's actually quite the opposite. We dream of people because WE think of them. This might not necessarily happen consciously however. Dreams are the gate between our subconscious and our conscious. Usually, during the day, we have no access to our subconscious. Part of the reason for this is that if we were to consciously notice and process everything we think, feel and experience, we would likely go insane. We would feel like an autist person feels when he's surrounded by other people. There would be way to many stimuli. That is why our subconscious takes care of these things. During our sleep, when our brain processes all this information, something sometimes slips through the gate and we might still remember it when we wake up. Or it might be important enough that it becomes part of a dream.

The belief that if I dream about somebody, this person must be thinking/dreaming about me is a nice idea but it's not actually backed up by science. I'm not saying it's 100% impossible but it seems very esoteric to be honest. Somebody would first have to arrange some kind of experiment and prove this.

• All of our minds are connected by invisible strings to form one large consciousness of course thought powered manifestations of electrical energy signatures emerge when we think about each other. Relationships are pathways, and the stronger the relationship, the clearer the pathway. Even in talking to one another, less than 30% of communication is verbal. Trust your intuition, trust your gut, if you feel someone's presence, they are there. There are particles we haven't found yet that also make up the universe that we can use to travel great distances spiritually in an instant. It would take my body a long time to travel the world, but certain particles that we know of travel distances of galaxies constantly. We are made of atoms called strange atoms, and the particles within often disappear and reappear and are theorized to be traveling great distances. Also gravity effects time, so time passes at different speeds in different parts of the universe which means pieces of your actual consciousness have the potability of aging years in one day. Expanding ones self through love and exploring the universe through your mind has many benefits. Astrophysics, quantum physics, electromagnetism, these are all studies of what ancient religions have been taught for thousands of years. Remote viewing has been proven to be possible and the US government has used it openly. Also delivering messages. Even some men who talk to ghosts of loved ones have done so with accuracy beyond probability of doubt. Anything you allow to be possible is possible, you are the creator of your own reality. Although it's probably just your subconscious telling your waking mind that you should get in touch with them and see them again or even just think about them more.

• When you dream about someone it's because you're thinking of them.

Your mind is too occupied with their existence that your thoughts and subconscious desires manifest as dreams.

• sorry dood, that's just wishful thinking, there's no reason for that to be true.

• Maybe it's a demon using your friend's image to travel through your mind.

What Girls Said 2

• nope
    I literally had a dream about Niall Horan last night
    and I am 100% sure he doesn't know me or know about me
    :'(

• Nope, that's not true.