What is the best programing Language?

What is the best programing Language?

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no such thing as "best programming language".
    For what purpose?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what you want to do. If it's video games, learn something that is compatible with a game-making software (Ex. Unity) like C#. If you want to make websites, learn PHP. If you're looking for something easy, try Python. Java is very useful but, in my opinion, it's dated and more difficult to learn since it's not as intuitive. These are just examples. Find what you want to focus on and find a language accordingly or visit websites such as: https://www.codecademy.com/ and try a few out to see if you like them before committing.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• To do what with?

I wouldn't script a website in C.

I wouldn't write an OS kernel module in Python.

Right tool for the right job.
    Lots of different jobs implies lots of different tools.

• For what purpose? If you're writing operating systems you want something different than if you're creating websites than if you're writing phone apps.

• To each his own really. It depends on what.

For Desktop, I would use C++ sometimes Java.
    For Web, I use PHP/HTML/JavaScript (jQuery)/MySQL on an Apache server.

I want to learn C# . NET though and use it for both!

• This is like comparing a screwdriver and a wrench and asking which is better.
    Every language suits a different purpose. Though if you ask which is the worst I'll say java hands down since it is so unstable.

• You'll get just as many opinions on this as there are programming languages in this world. Well, maybe minus 1, because no one is going to say that Visual Basic is the best. Anyway, I like C++ and Java the most.

• C

Pure, fast, well supported and reliable.

• It all depends on what you want to do.