Car in college or out of college?

I have always wanted a car. I have even been saving up for a car lately. The thing is right now I can afford a small car and I don't like small cars. I like full-size SUV's. I will be transferring to a different college soon. My mom doesn't want me to get a car (I don't know why). Since I'm living on college I'm thinking if I'll need one or not. If I don't get it during college then I can get it when I'm out of college. I like to pay in full (I don't believe in loans) because then I know it's actually mine. Is it better to own a car in college or out of college? Pros and Cons? Is it worth it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say wait, everything you need is on campus or not far off. Even better if your school has a transit.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are living on campus, there really is no need for a vehicle at this point. You can just walk to your classes or get a shuttle to them, depending on how large your campus is. Sure, it would be nice to drive to places off-campus, but I'm sure you can get rides, take an Uber, get a cab, ride the bus, etc... if need be. That way, you can save up your money for the type of car you really prefer and pay for it in full as you want as well.

What Guys Said 3

• in your case, just wait.

• It really just comes down to if you want to go on road trips or go drinking

• Cars are expensive to pay for insurance and maintenance and gas and they are a pain to park somewhere on campus , you're better off waiting

What Girls Said 0