Should I apologize?

I believe I over heard my study partner tell someone him and I don't really make much progress. Should I apologize for not being a good study partner. He jokes around which makes me joke around also getting off topic. I know we could be great partners together, but should I apologize for getting off topic also?

Most Helpful Girl

• No need to apologize; besides, you overheard him saying that, so by apologizing, you're acknowledging that you kind of eaves dropped on his conversation. What I'm trying to get at is, instead of apologizing that you're not a good study partner, do something to actually be a good study partner.

Actions speak louder than words, especially in this kind of situation.

It's fun to joke around, but there's a time and place for that, so study when it's time to study and joke around before/after that time.

What Guys Said 3

• There's nothing to apologize for, if you want to change something about the way you guys work together then just do it.

Just keep focusing on the work at hand and you'll eventually see the progress.

• Just save the joking around for later and stay on topic... nothing wrong with having some fun afterwards during the cool down period though.

• no... you should apologize for ease dropping... just kidding... because when you hear one side of a conversation you might be wrong about the subject...

What Girls Said 0