Is playing Pokémon too childish?

I am a 17 year old girl and still play Pokémon :$ hehehe alright. anyways, I wonder if I should be more secret about it or something, I feel like people might think it is weird or childish and I was wondering about opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Roses are red, violets are blue. If you were a Pokemon, I’d choose you.

Are you a Pikachu? Because you are shockingly beautiful.

I think I need a Paralyze Heal, because you’re stunning.

You remind me of Deoxys, you’re out of this world.

You’re such a good catch. I think I’ll use my only Master Ball on you.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 28

• Nope. If I had time I'd play Pokemon.

The issue is the fact that I play to dominate, and if I can't invest the time needed to dominate, then it's not worth playing.

When XY came out, I felt like a 39 year old athlete. The glory days were over, and the dedication it took to play at a high level was not feasible.

So really, it's not childish. People just lose their spare time to other obligations and put games like Pokemon on the back burner.

• I play pokemon too!

media.giphy.com/media/3oEduV4SOS9mmmIOkw/giphy.gif
    In fact I was looking for someone to battle but no one on this website seems to play it. Do you do ORAS or XY?

Anyway, I dont think that its childish. The game mechanic is as complex as chess. People think that its easy and that you only need to select attacks, but no, there's a lot more to it.

• high five yeee! no, I am currently playing a fanmade version on PC, it is called Pokemon Insurgence. (you can actually catch them all like all 700-something wahh) I don't have the new ones, only until heart gold and soul silver, hahah :[]

• Any hobby a person doesn't share can seem childish or dumb to others. I can't tell you how many boring women I have met that have no hobbies at all, because they are worried about being seen as childish. At least you aren't so boring that you have to depend on your man to entertain you all the time. That gets old real quick. Embrace your hobbies and interests, and you will end up being far more interesting than a lot of other women, that become absolute bores as they worry about being seen as childish.

• Once you grow old enough, you realize there isn't really anything that's "too childish", just things that you don't like.

• Bulbasaur ivysaur venusaus charmander charmeleon charizard squirtle worturtle blastoise caterpie metapod butterfree weedle kakuna bee drill... I can really go on and name 150 of them still today
    Lmfao

• I don't think it's childish. You like it, be happy about playing it. I still enjoy watching "Arthur" on PBS kids sometimes. Brings back some nice memories.

• There's nothing childish about doing something you enjoy
    if other people call it childish, it's because they don't understand.

You aren't truly alive, if you cannot call yourself a child.

• Pokemon will always be great... too many good childhood memories to feel otherwise lol. But the original 250, or so, were BY FAR the best...

• I'm 20 and I've beaten every game, they're great. 😂
    I still trade and breed Pokemon fairly often as well :')

• you play ORAS and XY? :D

by the way they announced Pokemon SUN and MOON

• Do what you like and don't worry about what others think. You aren't the only 17-year-old who likes Pokemon.

• Nothing wrong with that. I still place space invaders I was playing it earlier and do you have any idea how old that is?

• not at all

• POKEMON? CHILDISH? HOW DARE YOUUUUUUUU

I SHALL SMITE U WITH MA ZAPDOS MUTHAFUCKAHHHHHHHH

• Pokemon is awesome

• No. Why would it be childish? Some people love this stuff and they're in their 30s.

• Pokemon is Dope AF, my 25 year old P. E. coach plays Pokemon, and so does some of my other teachers

• Yes, it's childish.

• It's ok.

People may think it's strange, but you shouldn't care about that, because everyone has a "weird side".

• you know what would be really weird? if you had no hobby
    dw your fine if people think that pokemon is weird thats pretty obvious that have their own issues

• Yeah, you're going to die.

• i do.

• Act your age and play with a bottle of vodka and a strange guys dick.

• yes it is.

• Lol it sounds childish but it's not
    And by the way I like Pokemon hope nobody's listening :p

• I'm 24 although I'm a big fan of first 3 games only... they had a retro vibe somehow even by late 90s standards...

• You can play with my Pokemon.

• It depends what pokemon game you play. If it's a classic gem like Crystal, I could understand that. But the new games are made for 5 year olds it seems so that's childish.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• Let's see... I'm 21 and still play
    My dad is almost 50 and he still plays.

I say there's no age limit. Pokemon is awesome regardless of age!

• No! Hell i went to university and my 22/23 year old housemates would have game nights for it.

• Not at all. Its so much fun!

• Pokemon is awesome

• Not at all. You're never too old for Pokémon :D

• um no. Pokemon is freaking awesome.

• Don't worry about it, pokemon is making a comeback, I started playing again, and I'm 20 now. Some guys really like gamers