Would you or have you pierced your kids ears without their consent?

Why or why not?

For me personally, my mom and dad gave me a choice at like 10, and I decided then I didn't want them pierced, but eventually got them pierced when I was 13. I really appreciated being able to choose, because its my body, and I felt like they respected that especially since ear piercing is totally optional.

• I pierced or would pierce my kids ears without their consent
  • I would let my kids decide whether or not they wanted to get their ears pierced

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure, I mean I got my ears pierced when I was a baby (without my consent) and I'm perfectly fine with them.. however I don't know if I'd do the same to my child, I would usually want them to choose when they want to take this step in their lives. But who knows

What Guys Said 2

• Parents love to put a hole in their babies' ears to put some shiny jewelry in them so they can dress 'em up like a pretty princess doll

Like, let's just assume they're totally okay with you putting a hole their earlobes because it makes OBJECTIVE SENSE to put METALLIC CRAP into your body and RIP HOLES just because you can, AMIRITE

• I would forbid it until age 16.

Furthermore, the law should forbid it until such an age.

• hmm thats a rare thought i think my mom let me at 7 and i want my kids ears done at a babys age

• @rachael_8p "i want my kids ears done at a babys age"

And that's exactly what tends to piss people off

• and i tend to think that's your opinion. thank you for sharing yours but i was just saying my opinion

What Girls Said 7

• They'd have to really want it and be old enough (I think 13 is reasonable) for me to agree. I had my ears pierced when I was about 10, I think. I don't mind it now, but I didn't actually want them done at the time, I only had them done because my father said I was too cowardly to get them pierced. I'm stubborn and I was a tenacious little kid who didn't like being mocked, so we got my ears pierced that afternoon :P

• My mom and dad gave me the choice at 8 and I decided I wanted it done. If I have a daughter or daughters they will get the option at 8 as well.

• I hate when parents choose things for their children, it's killing their ability to make independent decisions (well exept for getting good education)

• Well, I wouldn't go that far. I mean in terms of what they do with their body, yes, and even then what kid would choose to get something like shots? Parents still have to be parents until their children are old enough and qualified to make informed decisions.

• Shots are not entirely cosmetic. They do that so you don't fucking die.

• The ears for the girl, I would do so when they are young so they won't have to feel scared when they grow up (to do it).

I got mine pierced at 14 but wished if my parents had done it when I was super young.

• My sister pieced my ears and I loved it. But it hurt like hell

• I'd let my kid decide. When I was 3, I kept asking my mom if I could pierce my ears. I was 3, I know, but I was insistent. She said ok, and I don't regret it.

• I got my ears pierced for the firrst time when I was about 5 years old. I remember I had to pester my parents for weeks until they gave in lol but then again I was 5 so it could have been about half a day...