How to spend my money?

I'm an unemployed actress.
[I have ocular myasthenia gravis and that gives me double vision so I can't drive therefore me having a normal job is impossible because it would mean uprooting friends/family/parents jobs so they can taxi me around so acting /extra work is the easist thing for me to do right now cos I can easily make my own schedule [apply for jobs that fall on peoples days off etc]

I get $60 a week or so from my birth father for past due child support [which i use to pay my two credit card bills]
I still live at home and other than my bills am not required to front any money for anything [no rent etc]

My next check from acting is gonna be fairly substantial for my extra work that I do [compared to most checks if i calcuated right it almost double]

Do I be a responsible human being and use this check to pay my bills?

OR

Do I be selfish and buy myself a new tattoo?

• Responsible
  • Selfish

Most Helpful Guy

• Use the money, for the things that are necessary for survive, bills, rent, food, come first over anything else. If your unemployed, then you should not be spending it on luxuries until you are in full time work.

If you can keep some money aside for bad times. You never know what's round the corner. just cause you have money, doesn't you should go out blow it. Like the the guy said, save some money for your acting career.

Avenuewriter hit the nail on the head.

• I'm never gonna be able to be full time in work until I find medicine that works for me and that can take months/years.
      Considering I only have 2 bills I need to pay I don't think its fair I should be "enjoyment" spending on hold for so long.

But I get what your saying

• I live somewhere currently where there is zero public transport so getting rides from people or working at home are literally my only 2 options are there aren't many work from home things that are lucrative

• Trust me I've dived into options on what I could do to get income and none of them are substantial

Most Helpful Girl

• Can you split half and half? Pay off the two bills you have and the rest on a new tatt?

• Depending on how much the tattoo costs. Maybe

• @Paris13 may have a case here if that is the case. But then again legal fees are quite expensive, I don't know how well that will work. Maybe instead you can get a letter from an eye specialist to outline that working is possibly not a good idea for you. And have that one hand.

• Asker, The lawyer will Not take any monies from you until he Knows he can get you a case and a case number.. Then all retrochecks, from the past, monthly ones too, and of course, the lawyer takes his cut. xxoo

What Guys Said 13

• Well, ultimately it's up to you but I'd recommend using that money to pay what you need to pay in order to live, and save up whatever extra money you have later. Or invest that extra money into something that'll help you further your acting career.

It's really never a good idea to spend a ton of money on frivolous things, save up and find ways to invest that money so you can make even more money. Sooner or later you may find yourself with enough extra fun money for that tattoo.

• You have to start learning to be responsible at some point, you may want to put the money away and start making the money work for you. Maybe take your parents out for a meal seeing as you are getting a free ride from them. Paying the bills should be the priority though!

• Be responsible about it and if there is any money left over afterwards put it away and save it for something you want.

• Man. that really sucks. I thought my life was bad enough not being able to fly due to tinnitus I received from Barotrauma. Don't most actresses make a living driving around to get their next assignment in commercials and film? That's what I learned talking to SAG actors when I played an extra in a film. Hope things work out for you somehow.

• Yea. But luckily O can choose which ones I go to.
      I'm greatly limited of course. But I can kinda manage I guess.
      I can manage the acting better than a "regular" job like fast food or something despite laws and "what they say" i dont feel jobs are willing to work around your schedule

• Aren't there jobs you can do from home, on a home computer connected to the Internet? Offices are on the way out, man.

• Obviously responsible! Take care of the essentials before u take care of the fringe stuff. :-D

• You should put pleasure seeking off for awhile. Overdue bills and interests snowball very quickly and you really do not want to be caught in an avalanche.

• I dont have anything over due. I get enough every week to pay my 2 bills on time

• I voted selfish just to troll the poll. Obviously spend on bills first.

• Priorities, dear woman. Mind your priorities. Do you want to be evicted? Didn't think so.

• I live with my parents. Pay no rent.
      How will I get evicted? Lol

• why the hell would you use it to not get yourself out of your debt?

• The tattoo can wait for a long time till you get your life back together.
    The bills won't.

• tats? bleh!

• Lol. What money?

What Girls Said 6

• Responsible! How is this even a question?

• There is literally no question as to what you should do here. Pay your bills.

• Be responsible, you will thank yourself for paying your bills and getting yourself away from that debt. yeah, a new tatoo is fun, but it's not worth more than paying bills.

• Invest into stock or bonds. Saving your money in a bank actually makes your money lose value. Investing in things like common stock or bonds increase the value of your dollar.

• I dont think I make enough money to put into investments.

• Some are literally pennies on the dollar you just have to do your research

• please use it wisely

• buy a new tattoos :)