Do you practice what you preach?

Whenever giving any sort of advice, are you saying things you wish you could/could've done in a similar situation or is it something you did which worked? Are you good at giving advice to others but struggle to follow your own advice yourself?

When it comes to similar situations that I have experiences I tend to give the advice I wish I followed at that time. But whenever I experience certain situations for a second time, I tend to remember what advice I had provided to others previously and try my best to follow it. I tend to avoid question about things I have yet to experience or situations I have not been in.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I say things that I'd probably do or that I have done and worked. It's easier to say somehting when you're not living the situation though, just watching it from a distant position, maybe when it happens to us we're not so "clear sighted", but I try to say things that are coherent to my actions or potential actions.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's always much harder to take your own advice, especially when you're the one experiencing the emotional turmoil, pain and hurt.
    The persona advising is experiencing none of that, and can easily tell you what is right and wrong.

I definitely try to keep a wise eye at all times and practice what I preach.
    Although, I must admit haven't been able to successfully do so in every situation.
    I can't help it, I'm only human.

What Guys Said 8

• i definitely try to. i'm sure i fail at times but i also try not to preach much. but i try to live by the expectations i have of others... otherwise i'd just be a hypocrite

• honestly no, my advice is built off other people's mistakes, my mistakes, and things I've heard from others. I'll tell you not to have sex underage, but if i was placedwith circumstances I probably wouldn't follow my own advice, just being honest here. I definitely try to practice what I preach but it's not as easy as"sure why not" lol

• sure why not

• The advice I give to people comes from experience. That experience is due to making those mistakes, myself. I never repeat my mistakes

• yes i always try to.

• Why would I preach what I don't practice?

• It happens sometimes!

• Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Sometimes I give intentionally bad advice to people (even irl not on here only) because I feel like it.

What Girls Said 6

• I always try to follow my own advice. Sometimes it works other times it doesn't, but mostly it does work for me hahah

• I try to, but I should be better at following my own advice at times. It almost becomes a "Do as I say, not as I do" type of thing in some cases.

• Most of the times I do!

• I think I used to preach what I wanted to practice but then realized that was very unhelpful.

So now I preach what I practice. (Depending on the Q's.. Some are about different topics that doesn't ask for what I do if you know what I mean.)

• I don't give people advice that I don't try to follow myself. Nobody's perfect tho.

• For the most part yes