I have to go to the police station and apologize?

I got into a drunken fight which i regret deeply and i was told if i go to the station and apologize they will not put me on record or give me a fine since i never got in trouble before. The thing is i dont live where this happend and its a four hour drive. do you think they would allow me to apologize over the phone or would i just have to make the drive?

Most Helpful Guy

• Better is to do it personally. I was PD nad its working. Via phone.. well.. if you will be lucky maybe.. And 4 hours of driving and no record? Its good price, isn't it?

What Girls Said 3

• Just make the drive. It's best to do it fully and formally instead of over the phone.

• Get off you butt and make the journey by any means possible.. You might not ever get a second chance.

• Apologizing in person is always better than doing it over the phone.

What Guys Said 10

• a 4 hour drive?

mmm... you can try phone, but you gotta make it sound damn good and explain why you couldn't make the drive. just think of some bullshit excuse that would excuse you from showing up in person and be extremely apologetic.

• You are insane for even considering this. Make the drive. You have a chance to get out of having a criminal record, and all you have to do is drive four hours. You will end up driving a lot more and paying a lot more if you have to go to court.

• Go for the drive, it's better then the fine and a permanent record

• Make the drive. It's a cheap alternative to the other possible outcomes.

• Ask a lawyer.

• Let's look at it this way, you can make one important four hour drive, or you can have something on your record which will affect your job prospects for most of your life.

• make the drive it worth it to get out of the trouble you could have been in

• Dude, a 4 hour drive is definitely worth it if it will keep your record clean in return.

• Call their bluff. I have seen a lot of drunken fights, but I've never seen someone convicted for it.

• Is it bad to do it over da phone?

All other commenters below... very afraid of cops ain't they?

If I was u I'd do it by phone... I'm not willin' to spend so many hours for an apology...