Thoughts on an 18 year old volunteering at a hospital?

I am having difficulty getting a job a big reason is lack of experience. I was never able to get a stable job until now because I have a disabled brother to take care of but now that is sorted out. I have applied for at least 20 jobs most didn't call me back others I got an interview and then no call back. So yesterday I applied to be a volunteer at a hospital. The biggest things the job requires are patient transportation, helping the nurses, and being emotional support for family. Thoughts?

Bump

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a very good idea. It will help you gain volunteer experience to put on your resume. And maybe if a position opens up their they might be able to hire you their.

• Thank you very much for the upvote.

• Thanks I know this is late for a reply but I got in the program! I am so excited and had to tell someone!

• Wow congratulations that is great news. Im so proud for you and happy that you got in the program. 😀 Keep up the good work.
      🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a great idea to volunteer. The good thing is it will give you experience, you can make connections and you can also still search for work while you are volunteering.

What Guys Said 1

• If you can handle it, it's a good learning experience, my aunt is a nurse and it is an extremely hard job to do, so I'd imagine being a volunteer would also be quite hard, they won't have you do anything that places peoples lives in your hands though your duties would most likely be things like you said taking people from point A to point B in the place and doing things like helping patients, bringing them food, changing bed sheets stuff like that.

• Thanks! I know this is a late reply but I got in the program!

• Welcome and no worries, hey that's great !

What Girls Said 2