What's more difficult. A woman raising a boy by herself, or a man raising a girl, by himself? Why?

• A woman raising a boy by herself is harder.
  • A man raising a girl by himself is harder.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly both are equally difficult. For kids with two parents, its much easier to look to the parent who is the same gender for guidance. It's not that both parents don't influence the child and teach their child in some ways, but there are always those girl things or those boy things that you want to learn from someone who has been there done that. A boy needs his father, a girl needs her mother. I think society tends to question more a father raising a girl. They don't trust that he can do all the girl stuff she needs or take care of her. People rarely question a mothers parenting skills. They tend to assume she knows what she is doing regardless of the sex of the child.

• thanks for MHG

Most Helpful Guy

• Considering that our current inmate population is 80% of men raised by single mothers I would say mothers raising boys.

• Ouch. Burn.

• "These days, it's entirely structured for females while the idea of "boys will stay still and shut the fuck up" is prevailing."
      It's that BOTH boys and girls will "stay still and shut the fuck up."

Hellionthestage, women may care more about money in men, but don't act like men have no standards or requirements of women. Men want women to be hot & give him sex.

Anyway... rabble.ca/.../there-no-gender-symmetry-when-it-comes-to-domestic-violence

• @mistixs www.saveservices.org/.../
      from the actual researchers. Women are more violent in domestic relationships this is a fact. Schools have been feminiized hence males drop out rates are 4x higher in all levels then women and why over 60% of college graduates are female and the number is growing. As I said this is not really refutable so the real question is why do you want women to have a monopoly on victimhood? Why do you not wish to acknowledge that men do and are suffering? Why is it more important to you to believe that only women can suffer and that women have no privledge (despite all evidence) and only men have privledge (again despite all evidence)?

What Girls Said 11

• I would say it's harder for a man to raise a girl by himself because there are many girl things which even if he learns about, won't fully understand because hasn't experienced them. Like periods, what kind of pads or tampons to buy, bras (especially if the girl turns out to have a bigger chest), etc.

• A man raising a girl by himself is harder. Because guys have to learn slowly about girls. And Woman already has that connect with her kid. lol

• idunno. I've been neither and its not like anyone gets to experience both to compare. my guess is its harder for a male to raise a child alone simply cuz nature didn't give them the childbearing capacity which i believe is largely y women tend to be more nurturing naturally. not to say a man can't be an amazing single father. he sure can. overall it may be tougher.

my dad is a single father and its quite hard for him. we are 3 girls. i step up as a motherly figure and he relies on me a lot. he doesn know how to emotionally connect with people.

• i think it'd be harder for a man to raise a girl. because a woman can still raise a boy into a man. most women these days aren't stereotypically overly feminine. we can raise a boy into a man no doubt. and he would also learn to understand women better. and a man can raise a girl too but who's going to personally teach her how to do girly things? for a woman its easier because we also have "masculine" interests like sports and cars so we can teach a boy all about that and be more involved in his life, but how many straight men do you know who are interested in makeup and hair and can teach their daughters about it all

• As a mother, I think a man raising a child - girl or boy - by himself is easier because people tend to view it in a positive way. They expect that men aren't as biologically capable of taking care of a child as women are. If a man has hires childcare while he's at work and does the same when he attends happy hour or something of that sort, he's not made guilty of it. Whereas a woman in the same situation is expected to take care of the child, and people view her as a bad mother if she hires childcare outside of her work hours, even if it's to go to the gym.

• What does that have to do with the raisingf of the child? Who cares what people think?

• Women are naturally maternal. Men can sometimes be awkward taking care of children by themselves, especially little girls.

• I wouldn't really know unless I read a study

• I think b.

For a, the woman might have financial difficulty.

I am not saying raising kids is easy.

• Only a man can teach a boy how to be a man and only a woman can teach a girl how to be a woman.

We need an example to lead by thats why its so difficult. So I don't know.. my guess is its equal difficult!

• I voted B.

Most women (not all) are more maternal. Some men are nurturers, but I've seen that trait in more women than men. But that is generalizing and I think it depends on the person. A guy can be a great father and raise his daughter right, and a woman can be a great mother and raise her son right.

• When kids are younger it's far more except able for a woman to bring a boy with her into rest rooms and changing rooms then it is for a man to bring his daughter in. That is really the only difference in my opinion and that would make things difficult *Shrugs*

What Guys Said 14

• This is not a real answer, I'm just putting together two opinions that are already stated, and that I agree with:
    Mother:
    - The boy would learn to understand women better.
    - Women can teach a boy all about that and be more involved in his life

Father:
    - how does he teach her to do girly things? (She may not feel so comfortable after puberty I guess)
    - a father can much easier provide a feeling of security, love and being a role-model.

A father also usually teaches or shows how to handle tools, and fix stuff, and I really liked that part with mine, like "my dad fixes stuff with me!!"

• From what I've read, children raised by single fathers are better off on average than single mothers.

• A woman raising a boy is definitely more difficult, because a father can much easier provide a feeling of security, love and being a role-model than a mother can. Mother have different traits that makes complements the father - and are arguably more important in a healthy parental relationship, but as single parents fathers are better suited for several reasons.

All under the condition that both parents are really wanting to be parents and try their best.

• What are the several reasons that single fathers are better suited for raising children?

• Id say whichever one has less money woild have a harder time. Assuming everything else is the same Id say its harder for the father because raising a girl is more complicated.

• I don't think you can say one is generally harder than the other it depends on the circumstances and the people themselves.

• a man raising a girl

• That must suck for the girl...

• Little girls are BRATS. Boys are easier to raise, even with a mom and a dad.

• I think it's equal

• both hard mang

• definitely b

• Cause there's things that women go through as they get older that men don't

• woman raising a boy, the dad can get sexually pleased by her.

• How is this even a question?

Barring questions of economy and what not.

First of: Women are generally considered more capable at raising small children.

Whether or not that holds any truth reality is that:

Raising a girl is MUCH, MUCH more demanding than raising a boy. That isn't even debatable.

• What's much, much more demanding about raising a girl in contrast to a boy?