Why are most today's hit songs all about relationships between men and women or sex?

I always wonder. I prefer more meaningful lyrics...

Most Helpful Guy

• Because modern music and TV trying to pervert society. Sex sells and everybody loves and wants sex. Besides everything that is Good became or becoming bad and everything that is bad becoming good.

What Guys Said 15

• Because they try to appeal to what the majority of modern people "wants" to hear, and not what they "need" to hear. I prefer lyrics with actual meaning as well.

• It's been that way for a while. Listen to a Beatles album for example.

• Listen to songs from the 60s and 70s, they're also about sex, but they're not completely obvious about it. You have to actually study the lyrics to figure it out.

• I never said 60s 70s songs are not about sex and better though

• I agree they are far better, but it's not like music just suddenly started being all about sex, they're just more explicit today.

• I don't know probably because they're easy to write and besides all being the same they're popular with teeny boppers

• Because it's what sells. It's not about the music, it's about the money. I prefer more meaningful lyrics, too.

I like songs that are about something other than one of the four things every other song is about.

• The 80s was the shit back then, man. I love the 80s

• Because the radio songs are meant for crowds that adore the likes of bieber and kanye.

• I have no idea. I listen to heavy metal and it's rarely about the 2 topics you mentioned... LOL.

• Well that's what today's people wanna hear...

• there is nothing more meaningful than love.

• They are all about "shallow love"

• Lol they're not about love they're about sex and puppy love or how much they hate someone

• @hifromkai puppy love is about the purest love there is, i think it gets a bad rap

• Because younger people are into that these days in crazy amounts.

• Or just fucken letting everything go.

• because it reflects our generation who cares mainly about having sex getting high and drunk

• Music has almost always been about love. Love has almost always been about relationships.

But sure, music used to be more meaningful. That's not the theme's but the contents fault though.

And just so we're clear, there is plenty of meaningful music out there. The real question is why pointless songs about shaking your booty gets more approval from the general public than one about... Take your pick.

• Because sex sells?

Everytime I hear Cake By the Ocean I think about saving money by switching from AT&T to Sprint... the nation's largest LTE network.

What Girls Said 10

• because sex sells.
    sad, i know.

• They appeal to the mass, which is mostly made of girls that are between 10 and 20 (I'm not saying that guys don't listen to music, but it's more common to have girls fangirling over 1D, JB, etc. than guys).

• a song is a hit, because it appeals to the masses.

• What people can relate to or what makes more sales, I mean if Adele sang a song about a potatoe I'd probs still get emotional

• Probably as they think itll get attention

• Good question.
    I guess because society allows it.

• Because these songs sell the best and that is the only thing that it is about.

• Because we are an oversexualized world.

• I feel it's because relationships and sex are "relatable" but I agree meaningful lyrics and music in general are beautiful. Who is your favorite artist?

• Meaningful lyrics such as?

• "Heal the world" " We are the world" "Let it be" etc
      Not like Ariana Grande Nicki Minaj Maroon5...

• Then you might like this song, not a new song but still a good song :P
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD3cnivUVXc

• Oh the video is not available haha Thanks though.
      I'm just wondering why. The relationships and sex might be a big part of the life but why not friendships, sports, the world or something else