I punched an old dude?

Yesterday, Me and my little sister (9 years old) were walking around the mall just buying her things. This man (Probably in his mid 50's or over) just came up to us and started talking to us and asking weird questions. I was getting creeped out and tried to walk away but he kept following. He started to ask to follow him but I told him that we didn't have time (I was lying) then out of no where, he grabbed my little sister sexually and held on to her arm. He tried to run off with her but before he took off, I punched him right across the face and he fell back hard (people around looked at me as if I was a jerk). I grabbed my sister by the hand and ran off with her. We haven't told anybody (other than my parents). My sister has has marks across her arm when he grabbed her. I feel like a dick head for punching an old man but at the same time feel like I did the right thing protecting her from a pedophile or possibly a rapist. I have nightmares of how differently this ciuld have ended. What do I do? I am literally shaking writing this and I am always getting in fights in school (for self defence of course) and never feel like this.

Sorry for the size of this question

This is a serious question don't answer if you're gonna say "troll" or "fake"

Most Helpful Girl

• You have nothing to feel sorry about, you had every right to punch him in his face. mhe had no right to lay a hand on your sister and if it event for you doing that who knows what could've happened or where she could be by now,

The only mistake you made was allowing the by standees to judge you. You should've screamed, called him a pervert, told people what happened, or informed the cops he shouldn't have gotten away 😒

• I told the cops a few hours ago (I know I'm stupid for not telling them earlier) and they found a picture of him an apperantly he was a wanted man. Didn't tell me what he has done

• Thank you!

• Thanks for MH :)

Most Helpful Guy

• The only thing I see you did wrong was failing to call the police immediately. If she had marks on her arm, that would have been sufficient evidence for an arrest. He may have a criminal history and be on probation, so an arrest would have landed him in jail. You can bet this wasn't the first time he's tried it, and it certainly won't be the last. I'd still call the police if she still has marks on her. Perhaps the mall can provide security video which can help catch this predator. In my state, attempted kidnapping (especially of a minor) is grounds for use of deadly force in defense of others.

What Girls Said 11

• YOU DID THE RIGHT THING !!! YOU SAVED YOUR Sister, dont apologize or feel as if you did something wrong because you didn't the passersby probably didn't see or realise what was happening. I think you should inform the police about what happened and see if they can recover his image off CCTV, because if he's tried snatching a child once he'll do it again xxx I think your really brave and should be proud of yourself for how you reacted. Try not think/dream about what could of happened and be thankful for what did happened.

• I think you absolutely did the right thing, I'm just glad you were there to protect your little sister because that guy sounds scary af.

• Sounds like you have got some real passion inside you and can't quite figure out how to harness it. Anger is the easiest way to do it, short sentences, loud noises, and physical releif ( which would come from punching or whatever).. There should be no question as ti whether what you did was right.. It was if your little sister was physically threatened, you knock the threat out. Punching bags are really great for anger bursts, and writing how you feel makes you really think about what is actually fueling this angry passion. I've punched several holes in the walls and even broke my hand on one occasion, so I understand where your coming from. I just try to use words instead of fists because when you punch something it's hurting someone else and yourself. Hope this helps a little?:)

• You did the absolute right thing, we need more guys like you

• Yeah but I just can't stop feeling nervous and "shakey". I'm paranoid now

• Yeah you're right. thanks for the response :D

• No problem :)

• Have you reported the incident to the police?

• You did the right thing for sure. I would have yelled "pedophile" once he started to follow you guys and bug your little sister. There is no good reason for adults to pester children like that. Can you describe him to the Police?

• oh no dont feel bad !! He was def a pedophile and u did the right thing, u had to protect your little sister or else he could of hurt her

• Troll better next time, bro.

• "He tried to run off with her"

He's lucky you just punched him. I would've drop-kicked him.

• Wow all I can say

• Running away would've been a better option.

What Guys Said 17

• Nah, fuck that, he put his hands on your fam with bad intentions. Fly his head to Jupiter if he's 9 or 90. You did the right thing.
    stream1.gifsoup.com/.../punch-head-off-o.gif

• No, you were right, the moment he put his hands on either of you, you had every right to stop him. Sounds like you are a hero, well done.

• Well my sister doesn't really like me so I don't think she sees me as a hero lol. But thank you!

• If someone touched my little sister I would've punched them , then kickedout their legs and curbstomped them. You're peaceful tbh

• Dude you did good by punching him right in the face. I would of said ( mama said knock you down ) after he dropped. If you keep getting in fights in school that needs to stop though. The last thing you want is a criminal record that keeps you from getting the job you want when you get older.

• The only reason I fight in school is cuz I get bullied a lot. Freshman year in high school I didn't fight back but now I do.

Do you listen to ffdp? Lol

• Well done my friend you did the right thing. Personally I would have beaten him to death right there in the street

• In my humble opinion you did exactly the right thing so don't feel sorry for the twat. You were protecting you little sister from a predator. Fuck knows what might have happened if you hadn't done that.

• the reason it bothers you so much is because you were not fighting for your self but someone you care about. your a caring loving brother even though you might not always show it.

• You did the right thing.

• You had every right to punch him. I would have done the same thing.

• I just feel guilt and have nightmares about it... This event seriously fucked me up

• You shouldn't feel guilty, you did the right thing. You protected your sister.

• Don't they try to bait kids with candy or puppies... It's not their MO to just try to rape someone in the middle of a mall or snatch and grab a kid that with with company...

• He was asking for help with his car actually at first then I got that bad vibe so I refused. So then it escalated quickly from there...

• I would've done that

• You are a potato sir

You were in the right and had it been me I would've done the same thing

• What a tahd! You have a distorted view of what constitutes "old". If a 16-year-old kid punches a 50-year-old guy, the chances are extremely high he'll end up getting his clock cleaned. I get the feeling you're a legend in your own mind?

• No I was with my sister and my first instict was to punch him. I actually feel weird not a "legend"

• you did good, if that was me I would have beat the living shit out of him

• Be proud of yourself because you defended your sister :)

• Good for you. Don't feel like a dick head, you did the right thing.

• I'm surprised how a 16 year old boy managed to knock out a guy in his 50s... but I believe ya...

And I can't agree more wid yer update... it's really damn annoyin' when ya talk seriously and people are thinkin' yer trolling...

• Thanks bro, some one understands me!

And I don't think actually knocked him out but I did punch him pretty hard (my fists were all red). I think it's cuz I work out and I fight in school and get practice :D

• No probs... I've been called like dat... and I know how it feels...