Would you go to Mars?

I would totally go but when it comes to living there no

Most Helpful Guy

• While it would be awesome, being one of the first settlers on Mars would be a grueling experience. Even with the advanced technology that would be brought on the trip, settlers would still be basically starting at square one in terms of civilization. Life would be a day-in, day-out struggle to keep even the most basic needs humans have to survive up an running. And that's with supply runs coming from Earth. Then there's the issue of radiation, as Mars doesn't have a magnetosphere to protect itself from solar radiation, there's a good chance most early settlers would end up living significantly shortened lives even with proper shielding and/or other anti-radiation techniques. To put it simply: life on Mars is really friggin hard, and it'll take many years for it to be even as close as hospitable as it is on Earth.

It's definitely a wondrous idea and one I truly hope people will be able to do at some point, but I'm relatively happy on our cushy world for the time being, that is until Mars gets terraformed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not in my lifetime.

• So you will go after you are dead? lol

• I never got a notice for your latest, either. Seeing that you are stirring up the waters is not a bad thing, nor is it a call to back off. I hope you did not seriously think that.

• Thank you for the MHO.

What Guys Said 5

• No, I would like to spenda few minutes or hours in space to experience weightlessness and to see the world, so a trip in that Virgin thingy would be enough for me.

• Id do it if they ever want to colonize mars. All trips are probably one way tickets

• Someday, when they make it more safety and get some interesting infastructures there.

• Heck yes. And to the moon - hopefully that'll become cheaper over time

• Yeah

What Girls Said 1

• If my man was going with me, yes. I would go with him on any adventure. Even if we didn't make it back, we would die together doing something no one else had ever attempted. That's kinda hot.