What to do when your fighting a battle between your mind and your heart?

The classic my mind says "don't do it" and my heart says "do it".

Most Helpful Guy

• My heart pumps the blood and my brain tells it what to do. My body is my brain's bitch.

Most Helpful Girl

• Use both your head and heart, and just proceed with caution.

What Guys Said 6

• Well why would they be at odds? Your heart only wants to pump blood and I'm pretty sure most part of your mind would agree with that. "I know your scared but what does your heart tell you? thump thump thump"

• honestly your mind is the best thing to go with your "heart" is your instincts which are also your emotions. Ultimately in today's society a logical conscious decision almost always beats an emotional instinctual decision. If it's ultimately something that your emotional decision will not have an obvious positive or negative effect on (picking a vacation spot, deciding if you like someone (perfectly normal) enough for a second date, etc.) Your instinct (heart) is great and most snap judgements of people but your brain is there to overrule when your heart makes the wrong decision.
      If your heart says yes and your mind says "this is likely a bad decision" trust your mind

• Always going with what the mind says.
    Damn you mind. Let me gamble a little.

It never does.

• Heart, is the better option. But life is a balancing act of the two, not one is better.

• i don´t listen to my heart anymore. it really likes crashing into the wall, if you know what i mean.

• depends on what the fight is over

• Try looking for the most logical solution

What Girls Said 0