Do you like the private answer feature?

I love this,
in my opinion its really good.. you dont have to pm people, because most likely they'll get creepy at some point.

I think its also good if you don't want to be judged by other gag'ers you just want the asker to see your answer/ and or comment.

do you like this feature?
why or why not

• I like it
  • I don't like it
  • Results

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope I don't like it. If I go on to a question that allows only private opinions, I leave and go to another question. It feels weird answering stuff like that.

Not to mention that if I was afraid of community anger, I'd go anonymous and/or PM. I feel like most people don't mind you PMing them about advice and legitimate asking for help.

It also allows abuse. I. e. A how do I look question with a female saying "can you rate me 1 to 10." Not too uncommon, right? Private opinions allows users to go like "I'd like to fuckity fuck da fuck *insert explicit content* you." Most cases, mods would report it, or someone brings it to the mods attention and so on... Yet now, the question asker can only report it, which who knows if it would get deleted or not.

It was generally unnecessary. I like the idea/theory behind it, but we already have anonymous ability for that and I believe anonymous would work better for a site like GAG. It is too easy to exploit.

What Girls Said 12

• for the most part, not really. i thought i would. i don't like getting onto a thread without being able to see the opinions. i feel it defeats the purpose of the site.

• With the ability to be anon, or to PM, this is redundant.

Add to that, the fact that no mods can't see if someone is being a troll or inappropriate

• Nope it's the dumbest thing they came up with. We already have the PM feature. What's the point? As I said before, it's redundant.

• Mehhh... Before it came out people would message me their opinion if they wanted it private. It makes more sense I guess. The private feature is kind of pointless in a way.

• Nope. Don't like it. Anon is private enough

• I will never use it & if there was a way to block it I would.

• Nope & I don't use it.

• No I hate it.
    Some how I managed to make my question private and I can't change it. It pisses me off

• honestly it just seems extremely creepy.

• Heya,
    I've seen those on some questions I've replied on. It's okay i guess. To each their own. But sometimes when i reply I'm the only person's answer you can see... Kinda makes me feel lonely :)
    Take care

• It's a yes and no because unlike to read other people's comments

• No its stupid. Others may want to see answers and so they'll have to ask the same questions again that somebody else already asked because they can't see answers. What's the point in a question answer site where others can't see the answers. It's silly.

What Guys Said 8

• It's a pretty redundant, useless, and possibly dangerous feature. Here's how bad it can get. As an experiment and example to GAG, I posted a question while requiring only private opinions. And as soon as I had the minimum required opinions, I selected MHOs to force the question closed. This is the result.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1919826-how-useful-do-you-find-the-private-option-to-be

Pretty useless, right? We already have anonymous options. We have private messaging. We didn't need this. GAG said it was to make the site more safe and pleasant. I don't see it accomplishing either objective.

• Not really to be honest..

• People that follow you can read your answer in the recent activity section on your profile. I assume it's the same if you don't have a private profile. They may have fixed this already but it's something I noticed. So it's semi private.

• It just means that people who used to post Anon can hide even further behind another layer. I think both Anon and private are bad. People should have the courage of their convictions,.

• Not really. Other people like to look at opinions for advice without havig to ask the question themselves. So I'm definitely not a fan

• No, it kind've destroys the purpose of this site

• I'm indifferent mostly...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more