I started going to the tanning bed for prom. Should I remove my makeup before I tan?

Yes I know what tanning beds can do to your skin. I don't need that talk. My mom gives it to me everytime before I go in lol.

Should I remove my makeup before I tan? I would go right after school and then after I tan I would probably go hangout with my boyfriend and his friends. I really don't want to have to remove my makeup just to tan for 5-15 mins. My makeup isn't that heavy and doesn't have a high SPF if it has any at all. My makeup is also very even when I put it on.

• It's fine to tan with makeup on.
  • You can do it sometimes. Don't do it all the time tho. Try to mix it up
  • Don't it. Remove it.
  • Fuck no! Don't tan with makeup on.
  • Other
Here I go again... @Paris13 , @Littlett25 @smahala1991 , @front2back @blondfrog, @justbanANNAz @Chocolateismylover , @dangerDoge , @BelleGirl21_ @soccerchick4eva , @Bards , @LovesTVDx @Illusive_Man @BertMacklinFBI , @WhatTheHellAmy , @HookingSwan , @Prof_Don @Illusive_Man @EmpatheticLady @XNicholeMariex3 , @Iron_Man @JSmuve @zorro8888 @rthomas43
@missnowhere @RationalMale @AleDeEurope @bubbletrouble @TheLuckyOne1

Most Helpful Guy

• I would ask at reception; however I would remove it just to be on the safe side - and talking about being safe; put on sunblock cream (no joke)

Most Helpful Girl

• Thank you for the Mention, @Random_chick_2384
    I have been Tanning for over 10 years now, and I Never once Had a Problem. I do Not Lay out in the Sun, which Can cause More damage and if One does Do the Tanning bed Right... I see no Fight.
    I have Gone in with a little Make-up On, and have Always Come out with No Problems as well.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 9

What Girls Said 9

• i have no idea... i don't use tanning beds. .

• Well I mean either way you are increasing the likelihood of getting skin cancer so why does it matter?

• Because I want my skin to be the same color. If I'm going to get cancer I want it all to be the same color.

• You love cancer? what a horribly ignorant thing to say. But when I was 15 I guess I was an idiot too.

• @SarahsSummer I'm just being a sarcastic bitch. Nothing new.

• Honestly you should top doing it. Not to nag you again, but it is really the worst for your health. I'd prefer to be pale than to get myself cancer...

• Personally I don't think you should be tanning at all since it damages the skin, and comes with some possible health issues. But since you're going to do it anyway I say you shouldn't wear make-up for tanning.

• I'd remove it. It was always recommended to do so when I went.

• I tan with make up. As long as your face matches the rest of your body it doesn't matter. I just buy darker makeup and blend well.

• It's better to wear it. It'd protect your face a little bit

• makeup is best removed before tanning

• I'd keep it on. Some foundation has SPF in it and can help protect the delicate skin on your face.