HELP IPHONE 5S DROPPED IN TOILET?

My phone was in my pocket and fell in the toilet and I instantly took it out and dried it but it had a case on which I couldn't remove. I tried to turn it on and it worked but it went white for about 2 seconds and went back to normal. I had no time to fix it so I left and when I came home 7 hours later I put it in rice. So is there a chance my phone will work? And if not I should get a battery replacement right?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you check where the SIM card is on the Iphone (should be located on the side, you just pop it open with a pin) and the charging port, there will be slight red marks if you have detrimental water damage. Unfortunately, even if you have AppleCare (Apple's warranty) on your phone, you would not be able to use it to replace the battery if the red indicator (s) are apparent.
    Otherwise, instant rice works the best to possibly save your phone. My phone has fallen in puddles, sink, shower, etc. and has worked afterwards, so long as I dab it dry and place it in rice for about 24 hours. Although, one of my sister's dropped her's in water and it would not turn back on until it had been in rice for almost 3 days. Either way, good luck!

• My AppleCare covers this. Just saying. :)

• @Applefan1 Hmm, that's a nifty new plan! I'll have to ask about it next time I am in there :)

• I checked the sim card and charging port and there aren't any red marks but I put the sim card back in. It doesn't have any credit on it since I was going to change to another company so it doesn't bother me. I'm so nervous because I got this phone last month and I have extremely strict parents so if this doesn't work...

What Guys Said 8

• Even if you could get it to work again, your phone is now infested with fecal particles that will seep into your ears and eventually fill your head with sewage and turn you into a filthy ghoul. Is this a life you would choose to live just to save a whole bunch of money?

• You need to keep replacing the rice as there is only so much water it can soak up. You can also put it in your hot water cupboard.

• I guess you'll find out when you're ready to take it out of the rice.

fuck i might just get a new phone though. toilets are nasty af lol. if you have a clorox thing in the tank then that will be much better for sanitation.

• I don't know. Turning it on after it fell was a big mistake and might have ruined the electronics inside. I hope it works still though :)

• Rice and maybe some desiccant like those packets they put in food. Batteries are relatively cheap on amazon. ca. com

• Sure, it will work. 😊

• I dropped a 4s in a bathtub WHILE IT WAS ON.

I think it will probably be okay if it's not already fried, but the longer you can have it off the better. THough the damn things are never really off they are in standby mode.

• I don't know I checked and it worked. The touch Id doesn't though, but the left side of the screen wasn't working and then it was and then it wasn't so I have no idea what's happening. I just put it back in the rice even though it has no water left that I can see

• Get ready for people at the apple store to laugh at you lol

What Girls Said 1

• Put it in a bowl of rice and leave it in your hot water cupboard over night.