I have a foreign friend who will be returning to her country to visit her parents. However, she's scared she'll be punished there.. any advice?

Basically, she's a non-practising muslim woman from Malaysia (and bisexual). She's been in Australia for 2 years, but isn't a citizen. She's been tagged on Facebook making out with other girls, getting drunk, posing in a bikini etc. - everything that can land you in deep sh*t in Islam. Malaysia is a muslim country. Having grown up in Malaysia, she still has a lot of friends and family members on FB and is certain some of them would have taken screenshots of her photos. She's even made comments like "F*ck Malaysia, learn to respect people for who they are" on FB threads. Her mother is not well and she has to go back to visit them. I am legitimately concerned for my friend's safety, as she is a Malaysian citizen, not Australian. So if she gets in trouble in Malaysia, Australia's not going to save her.
Do you know of anyone who has been in a similar situation? If not, any advice on how she can go about it?
It's seriously frightening. I remember there was a case where a Malaysian woman posed in a bikini for a competition abroad and she was heavily criticised for it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, this is actually the first question, I have no answer to! I am sorry. Check other sources online for advice (maybe more on human rights?)... I would also advice your friend NOT to tell anyone she is going to be in Malaysia and only visit her mother very quietly, stay indoors and leave as soon as you. When you're in danger or in such situations it's not really clear what can happen. Maybe she could write a post and "pretend to be going somewhere else" for a while until she gets back in Australia so that no one suspects and she can remain head down for the time she is in ML. I am very sorry I could not help you further! I really wish I could :( Hopefully someone with better knowledge on this topic can. Good luck and success! Please keep us posted about your friend, hope she makes it alright. Take care.

Most Helpful Guy

• The max they would do is shout at her 😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒

• They could beat her, arrest her, even torture her.

• Their law for muslims is shariah law

• Besides that this act is still punishable by sharia , only Saudi Arabia follows the sharia the rest of the muslim countries are civil law countries like France

What Girls Said 1

• Reason with her and tell her not to go. She could be killed and tortured for fĂșck sakes. Tell her how you feel

What Guys Said 1

• I'd be mostly concerned about an honor killing.