18 year olds are still not mature enough to make their own decisions. Agree or Disagree?

Do you agree or disagree with that statement?

• I agree
  • I disagree
  • It depends (please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the individual.

At 18, I was already in college for 2 years, been working for 4 years, and managed all my responsibilities. Is that true for every other 18 year old? No, some might not be at that maturity level, while others might be.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the 18 year old.

I know some 18 year olds that are more mature and focused, than so called adults in their 40's and 50's.

Age is not a sign of maturity, life experience is what matures you.

What Girls Said 13

• I disagree I just turned 18 exactly a month ago and I've made plenty of wise decisions for self as well as before I was even 18 or a "legal adult" like not having which pleanty of teens, kids, and adults are having unprotectedly and having babies left and right that they can't take care of, getting abortions, catching STDs, and they're not in love.

People that are way beyond 18 have the maturity of 13 year old. It's not specifically about agent depends on when you choose to grow up and the way you act as well as the decisions that you make.

• Majority of the time I would have to say it's true. Since most haven't gotten a wake up call to reality and how living on your own truly means. So it's basically the trial and error point of learning how to live on your own. Along with experimenting with different experiences. Still most don't have any idea on how wrong things could turn out. So they might not be able to handle that situation in a mature way.

Now if they are anything like how my boyfriend is. As in being 18 years old but acts like a logical old fart mentally. Then they will be mature though that's normally rare.

• At 18 you can definitely make decisions, it just depends on your level of maturity. That is what is the determining factor.

• I agree, but at some point they must get their feet wet

• It depends on the 118 year old in question. Yes some 18 year olds are more than capable, while others are not qualified at all.

• Depends on the guys / girls, some at 30 aren't mature xD
    But some at 16 would have enought maturity to be called adult :)

• It depends on the person, not their age.

• Depends on the 18 year old. Some are kids and some are adults.

• It depends on the person. Some people just grow up faster than others.

• It depends on the person some people that are 18 are not even mature but some are so it depends on the person

• All I know is that at 18 I wasn't.

• It depends. Not all 18 year old teens are mature enough to make their own decisions.
    Speaking for myself, when I was 18, I made some terrible decisions.
    Do you have feelings for a 18 year old?

• Leave the girl alone man.

What Guys Said 9

• Lol.
    http://i.imgur.com/1QdNi9k.jpg
    Any person who can earn for themselves, clean up after their mess and most importantly take responsibility for their actions is capable of making their own decisions. But most people these days think of making a fashion statement at that age, not responsibility.

• It depends on the maturity of the 18 year old.

• I agree to an extent. But even 20, 30, 40 year olds are still not mature. But it depends on the person.

• If I was 18 again and answering I would disagree. Looking back now I'd on my choices at 18 I'd agree.

• i've noticed more being on the female gender... considering how so many just can't seem to help them themselves and just open the doors for trouble.

• All i kno is that 17>>>>18

• Depends on the person maybe 15 year old teen can take very good decisions

• I disagree a majority of them are mature enough but some of them aren't

• I personally always felt that we grow with experience and not age. Naturally there is a correlation between the two but at a whole I feel and believe that people grow mature enough to make their own decisions when faced with a reality in which they have to.