I feel so numb?

I feel like really empty inside. Nothing is the same. When I hear good news I feel empty. I go to college, and I don't feel or have a drive to do anything. I feel myself sinking, and I am moody often, and I have been really tired. When I home, I want to sleep in all of the time. Sometimes, I don't want to get up. I only leave my room to eat, drink, bathe, and use the bathroom. What's going on here? I think it maybe depression... im thinking severe...

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm feeling somewhat the same I've been listening to kid cudi all day. It hasn't helped how I want it to which is to make me feel better but I don't know what's wrong but I feel exactly and have felt similar to what he's saying in his songs. You could try listening to some maybe you'll pin point what's going on in your life because deep down you know what it is.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes sadly to me it sounds like depression. Having been through it and seen it many times. I'm not a doctor though. It maybe something in your life that's making you feel down like that if something has happened or it could be chemical. Don't be afraid of it it's part of you but don't let it consume you either.

Make sure you have a close network of friends to talk to that your can trust. And see your doctor if it carries on, please don't be ashamed of it this happens to a lot of people and they do get better !!!

Take care xxxx and if you need to talk ever just message me xxx

• I'd say you are suffering from depression. Depression can be really draining like that. I'd recommend seeing a counselor and/or getting yourself some proper medication.

Take if from somebody who has lived with depression for most of their adult life, it works wonders.

• I personally have not dealt with depression so I cannot say for sure, but those sound like they could be signs

• your on your way to it. at least your still eating and bathing and makeing your self go to school.. is there anything that has happened in your life that has help bring this on? feel free to rant or rave it might help you feel better

• Marijuana can cause that, Sleep disorders, possible mental health issues or just a lack of friends and connection so life seems pointless

• Looks like these are signs of depression

• depression definitely it will pass and everything will be ok.

• what did you relize?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• Here is the 911
    I had to do this...
    Can u go 4 a long walk? Listen to loud music in your earbuds positive stuff as you walk you make a step forward picture you are stomping as you walk with a strong proud walk. Stomp out the negativity!!! Listen to only music that makes you feel happy strong and beautiful. Do not watch tv or movies or read books that have negative. Even for me the guy loved his sister so much I cried it was like why is my brother such a dick!!! I wish I had a brother like that!!! I stopped reading it. I avoided romance movies and dramas that trigger my emotions and anything I can't control like psy-Fi &Horror. I watched The Fault in our Stars and couldn't handle it too deep too much love till death and raw emotion. I had to get up and walk and breathe and get fresh air and deal with my anxiety attack through the whole movie. I guess I feel every beautiful relationship has been ruined and by no fault just circumstances. And those movies kill me inside. I have had to survive a lot of pain in life. I just had to realize lately I do best sticking to comedy and documentaries or inspirational movies but I mostly don't even watch tv. I walk I walk for over an hour sometimes 12 miles. I swim I hike I stair master. I force myself to go harder. To get through the barrier to get past the pain the point of stopping. I am driven by music that makes me feel good. I picture myself on a mission to destroy every machine in the gym every pair of tennis shoes will be worn thin my work out clothes will get baggy snd fall off till I need new stuff. I get new stuff cheap cause I know I am on a journey and not where I want to be. I look ahead I feel my heart race my lungs filling with air my sweat I drink gallons of water and feel my self filling with clean water as I wipe away the sweat emissions. I am a machine. I leave the gym Feeling cool I imagine myself throwing a match over my shoulder cause I burned the place down smashed every goal. I feel something tired hot stronger accomplished warm I am hungry I eat well only raw pure goods baked chicken veggies raw nuts coconut water!!! I rest for a bit I watch a bit of tv I let myself nod off for 20-30 minutes. Then I wake up feeling amazing!!! I do housework I go dancing I feel my humor my true self!!!

But honestly I don't feel that lately I have just started going back to the gym. I can not do what I used to. I am tired and depressed and not myself. I am starting over again to get back into myself.2

• Are you studying something you are interested in? Do you have life goals and ambitions? Are you doing something every day to get closer to those goals? If you aren't living your life purposely and have a focus on where you want to go then it's inevitable that you'll feel empty and like there's no point.

• You're right that it sounds like depression. Go see student health or your doctor.

• hobbies? u should find something what would make u happy... friends? travels? just something for what u would look for when u wake up..