Why is Donald Trump such a crisis for the Republican party?

I keep hearing this all over the place and the media is awash in Trump bashing. Not American and don't know your political system all that well, why is this so bad for the Republican party?

I had no idea this was so complicated, many different opinions on this and all of them are pretty big issues, seems like an exciting election year.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, like others have said, 1. they can't control him. Donald Trump will do what Donald Trump wants to do, y'know? He's not going to sit around and be told what to do, he's going to make his own decisions. His decisions will not always align with what the other members want, but he won't care very much.

2. Even a lot of the Republicans have been kinda shocked by the things he said and he's offended quite a few of them. Donald Trump seems to be a laughing stock in everywhere except America. He's not exactly the most... Polite person to represent a country.

Most Helpful Guy

• Trump is upsetting the established order of things in the Republican party. How it usually works is a long term member of the party elite runs against a far right ultra conservative. The electorate thinks the ultra conservative can't win against the Democrats, so nominates the party insider. Everyone is kept out of the process by the major donors who provide most of the money needed to run a campaign. The donors control the candidates with their money.

Now Trump comes along, not a party insider, not an ultra conservative, and refuses all big donations. The party has no control over him, and the donors have no control over him, and all of them are completely freaking out. On top of that he has no political correctness, saying exactly what he thinks. He's on twitter every night until 3am ripping on everyone from the other candidates to the media.

Then he goes and rips into fox news, which NO REPUBLICAN EVER DOES. Fox holds the keys to getting face time in front of Republican voters, so you piss off fox and usually you're done. Trump just doesn't care, raising money for wounded vets instead of showing up for their last debate and bragging about how many millions in ad revenue he cost them.

So the Republican elites want him stopped, the donors want him stopped, the main stream Republican media want him stopped, but the more they hit him the harder he hits back, and the harder he hits back the higher his poll numbers go. It is full on panic mode with the Republican elites. They worry more about Trump winning than they do with Hillary, because they have no control over him and they most likely would have to wait another 8 years to run another insider instead of 4 if hillary wins.

What Girls Said 5

• I am not American but here usuncut.com/.../

• Lol I wouldn't even consider Trump a Republican at this point, he is like his own party...

• He just wipes any real chance for the Republican party if he gets the nom.

• He's not electable and if he gets the nomination he wipes any real chance for the Republicans. He's also making them look like a joke.

• Because he's a racist bigot. I don't think anyone would like that sort of person being a party's front.

What Guys Said 10

• The Grand Poohbahs in the Republican party know they can't control Trump. He goes right over their heads and says what he feels to the American people. That scares them.

• lol really that's all it is? seems so silly but I guess it means he can't be bought and so would be a president who is free to do as he chooses. Interesting, why isn't like every single person voting for him then?

• Trump's negative ratings are pretty high. Lots and lots of people can't stand him. The powers-that-be and the media have done everything they can to take him out but --- he's still the front runner for the nomination. This election year is unlike any I can remember. The old order is being shaken up.

• that sounds really cool, would be fun if he won. Would love to see what he would do, I can't imagine him being any worse then any other president in the last 20 years or what ever.

• Much of what he says has a gut-level appeal to the masses but he is vulnerable in a general election. He is leading the race because of the number of other contenders. If it was down to Trump and Rubio, Trump might not be the leader.

• I get a little chuckle every time I read about Trump now that every time it reads as "drumpf" thanks for the laugh.
    #MakeDonaldDrumpfAgain

• As somebody who is a republican.
    1. Trump bans on Muslims sorely because of their religion is unconstitutional.
    2. When talking about illegal immigration, he only talks about Mexican which is racist. You should talk about illegal immigrants of all races. Also deporting 11 million immigrants is costly. As racist as it sounds illegal immigrants , occupy a lot of low paying jobs like lawncare, roofing and taring, and auto car wash attendants. Without them we would be missing a large part of our blue collar workforce.
    3. He lacks the tact needed to deal with counties such as North Korea, Russia and some Middle East counties.
    4. It pretty obvious the guy is a liberal pretending to be a conservative to rack up votes. His history has liberal written all over him.
    5. He thinks that Mexico is going to pay to build a wall for him, after insulting them say that "they don't send their best over here".

• K but why is he a crisis for the Republican party though?

also for #5 I think I read somewhere that he is going to pay for it with tariffs on goods from Mexico so they won't have a choice but to pay for it unless they want to stop trading with the U. S. which would be impossible.

• @COCOCHANEL Trump was pro-choice , supported gay rights and stricter gun control, he even said in college he will run as a republican as a joke. Now since he's on the republican stage He changed all his positions to more conservative ones.

• dude just look him up on YouTube. I promise you will get all of your answers there

• ok I will, not sure how much I'll feel like watching though.

• yup that one works, thanks.

• Doh! it's a TYT video.. I hate that channel, they are so dumb! They argued with a mathematician about some new math formula that proved something they didn't like, therefore it "has to be wrong". When asked what about it they disagree with there as no answer just an emotional plea for it to be wrong. The math guy was not impressed.

That is pretty much how 99% of their video are from me experience. :( They focus on being as PC and uninformed as possible while producing click bait and appealing to the lowest common denominator.

... K well I really went on a rant there but I will watch the video and look into what they have to say.

• He's a danger to America, not only is he an idiot, he also is very violent, and unpredictable, and he has no shame, and a large majority of Trump supporters would support him no matter what, there was a guy who told People Hitler Quotes, one being "If anyone trise to paint the sky green, or the grass blue should be sterilized", and they supported the quote just because Trump said it, and when he told them afterwords, he replaced the quotes in the pamphlet with hitler quotes, they were totally against the quotes cuz Hitler said them

• He's nationalistic. That's it. Not his policies.

The Republicans are attacking him for being pro choice previously, speaking for illegals to get amnesty, supporting gun control previously... just like Romney, who was the nominee.

But Trump wants to actually enforce immigration law. He wants tariffs on cheap foreign goods to help American manufactoring get a fighting chance. He wants to ban muslim immigration to protect Americans.

He's nationalistic, so they hate him.

• im loving trump.

• It's just goes to show how corrupt the political parties in America are. They don't want an outsider that the public wants and is going out of there way to make sure he doesn't win. I think it's awful that the government is going out of their way to make sure the people don't have their own choice. So much for what the people want. The government only wants people to vote for the people they give them.

• Because he's rocking the boat and not going about it the traditional way.
    Look at every other candidate, regardless of party, shuck and jive for votes. He's embarrassing those cheese dicks.