If you are standing alone with an attractive person in the elevator?

Would you talk with them? Would you feel awkward and freeze? Would you become friends?

Most Helpful Guy

• With a stranger

In my head I'd love/like to do all sorts of things to her

In real life I wouldn't because I'm a man and well you know how that goes hah but I'd just talk to her make conversation you know?

With my girl

In my head all sorts of stuff like pinning her against the wall and kissing/making out with her, and or stopping whenever someone gets on.

Real life, do the same stuff I was doing in my head with her, if she's up for it of course.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends. I would try some eye contact, then a smile, and if I see a friendly attitude, I would start a conversation, if the person doesn't look friendly, I wouldn't do anything lol

• Yes, the attitude of others matter a lot.

• @Noxifer626 still waiting for the day when you stop being hard on yourself

• I'm going throught the motions. I just don't feel very helpful to be honest. There's a story I want to tell you, but I don't know if you should tell you in public.

What Guys Said 26

• i probably wouldn't talk to them. simply because i don't really feel compelled to talk to every attractive person i see.

if if felt like i wanted to flirt or something (which isn't really my style) i guess i would

• But what if you feel attracted to that stranger, won't you still feel compelled to talk?

• being physically attracted to a person doesn't mean i talk to them necessarily. it's simply not how i work. like i said if i felt compelled (timing was right, i wasn't busy, etc, etc, etc) then i might say something

but being in proximity to an attractive person alone doesn't mean i'm going to chat them up

• Like I have stated more then likely I would say something to possibly get a conversation going.. but in the big picture it still would depend on a few things being in place in my mind.. I always look before I leap, rather then leap before I look.. I do not ever want to come across as some pushy guy towards the ladies.. ever.. and so far I have never had a problem talking to the ladies.. I just think they are great just to be around.. and all the ladies I have been with have never had a problem with me.. that just puts a huge smile on my face and makes me feel really good inside

• I'd probably say this to her:

Hello,

It is nice to meet you :)

Based on your makeup, apparel, and shoes, I calculate an 83% probability that you will be going out on a date with someone today (or tonight).

I really would expect them to react and be like WTF? probability? calculate? what is this guy? lol

And then I'd laugh on my way off the elevator if that had caused an awkward response or look on their face. :-P

• Hahaha now that's a nice attitude! :P

• In case you were wondering the quote (s) had been modified from 2 Terminator movies. :-D

• I probably would not talk to her becuase why would she want to date an ugly guy like me. I would look at her and think she is good looking and then feel sad and depressed.

• Lets just say after what happened last year I am extremely scared to even make eye contact with any women in public. :(

• That's the way to go! :) You sound like a great guy, and I am sure there's someone out there who would feel lucky to have you :)

• Lol I had a woman do something rather forward once.

• Probably freeze up and not say much. She would have to seem really friendly and open and have something so interesting about her that I would feel more compelled to talk to her than just not risk the embarrassment.

• Well that makes sense :)

• Apparently nobody has seen it, but this is from one of my favorite movies EvEr!!!
    That's a dream situation right there. But I reality we just look awkward, don't talk unless someone talks first. And try not to check people out, cause it gets pretty obvious (maybe when they leave though :p )

https://youtu.be/49PqSFBegcA

One of my favorite songs as well

• Just stand tall and wait for the elevator to arrive where I need to get off. No need to talk or freeze.

• So nothing comes in your mind?

• I will think "Hey, she's attractive. Wanna get another look but can't let her know that. Gotta keep my eyes looking ahead (not at her) or down."

• Hahah now that's something interesting :P

• I think I most likely would at least say hi and see if that started some sort of a conversation or got at least a smile.. but if it did not.. chances are I would just be quiet and wait for my floor to come up and step out when the door opened.. I am not a shy person.. at least I would know, and be happy that I tried to get some sort of a response going.. take care

• Your thinking process is on point, sir :D

• Well there is only the two of us there and I consider myself a friendly guy to all the lady's and have no problems saying hi to any one of them.. she would be no different.. but I will add if she looked all stressed out to me about something and when someone is ,, for some reason I just can tell.. I may just not start anything.. I would not want to add anything else to plate, but I would then hope that she may say hi to me just to feel better.. that could start a conversation right there as well

• I think your friendly attitude can definitely help the other person to ease up. :)

• I would probably have my headphones on, so I would just don't care who's next to me.

• I'd certainly be open to it. Sometimes, people don't really want to talk in the elevator. That's why I usually let them talk first.

• Well, that depends. Sometimes the awkward silence gets thick. :P

• Yeah, I know. That's why I hope they speak first. Otherwise, I'd prefer not to talk to people that don't want to talk.

• I am good at making small talk and I usually break the ice by making them laugh, I would, I'm not shy in the slightest.

• Lucky. I can't make small talk at all.

• I talk to anyone and everyone depending on my mood. Their attractiveness or lack thereof has nothing to do with it.

• That was just a situation :P And you have got a good attitude going for you.

• Depends on how friendly she looked, I might like compliment something she's wearing to break the ice. Also depends on my mood that day.

• I would most likely make a joke, like man... This place really has its ups and downs, try to break the silence lol

• Hahaha you will come across as really friendly then :D Someone I would like to be friends with.

• That's really kind of you to say

• Nothing.. I just met the babe at 50 seconds and probs will never again.

• That's the right way, dude (Y) :D

• Yeah I'd talk to her definitely! just the two of us? I hate awkwardness xD

• Yes, just the two of us. Imagine how awkward the silence would be if none of you would talk.

• you*

• Hahah yeah the awkward silence would be soul destroying :/

• I'd probably feel awkward and freeze.

• Probably do nothing. Maybe say hi if we made eye contact but that would probably be it.

• I don't talk to people in elevators. I don't see the point in 5 second conversations.

• But sometimes, it takes longer. :P

• I'd just keep myself to myself

• Ow why?

• You seem like a nice person. The world needs more people like you

• Thank you, and you sound like a wonderful guy :)

• I'd probably just restrict myself to a noncommittal smile, a polite nod or a tactless shrug

• That's quite a safe route :)

• i don't know but i would probably freeze

• Happens Happens :P

• May you experience that situation someday! LOL :P

• even i hope so :)

• Talk to her and hope to be friends

• Awkward and freeze & try my best to not look her in the eye

• If you have frozen, you don't need to 'try your best' to look her in the eye, because eh... you are frozen so you can't do anything lol

• Frozen as in move movements of the body, including the head... however the eyes can always roll around in the socket (well, not totally 360 degrees but you get my drift)

• Oh I get it know :P

• I'd study the command buttons of the lift.

• Lol why? Look at the beauty standing next to you! Lol.

• Looking at that distance would be considered 'pervy staring'.

• I wish it'd never happen... if I make any move then 99% she's gonna think I'm a rapist...

Although I doubt any chick's gonna enter in an elevator wid me and only... I don't have friendly looks anyway...

• Maybe she's already in the elevator, and YOU have to step in. Then the situation become unavoidable.

• Do ya know how many times I've been stopped by cops?

Anyway... to answer yer question... I'd not make a move NOT out of shyness... I'm not fuckin' shy... but to not be named a rapist widout a reason...

• Well, the cops can stop anyone they feel can break the law. And believe me, they stop a lot of people. It doesn't mean they think of you as a sure-shot criminal.

What Girls Said 17

• In my head:
    I'll pin him to the wall and make out.

In real life:
    I'll just stand there, staring at the screen that shows us the floor numbers.

• I wish my mind could work at that time. I go numb. :P But for The real life scenario, high-five :D

• pfft haha!
      guuurrrll don't get so nervous! ;P
      yep, i just act cool ✋🏽 sort of.

• If they started to chit chat with me, I'll be polite and chat back with them. I'm a private person, so I don't go around talking to people randomly.

• I don't talk to anyone in elevators.

• I might talk to the person, but I doubt it would go farther than that.

• It's the safest option Haha

• I would at least be polite enough to say Good Morning/Afternoon

• I would ignore him. But if he wants to talk and initiated I would be receptive and friendly!

• I think most of the people would choose ignoring them but being receptive Haha :P

• Maybe just smile and say hi and that's it

• That would be really friendly way to handle the elevator awkwardness :D

• haha yeah, just imagine how thick the air would be because of the awkwardness :')

• I usually wait till he'd talk to me then open up.

• I look away, but so far that never happened to me. I was the attractive one, not being conceited. just confident 😉

• I wouldn't say anything.

• I would probably keep telling myself that I'd say hi, and when I try my mouth would just open and nothing would come out and they would think I was a psyco.

• This has happened to me! By the time I muster up the courage, either my voice betrays me or the it's too late.

• literally me everyday on the bus ha

• just smile, make small talk. i'd do the same with an unattractive person. makes no difference.

• So you are casual, yeah. Cool ^_^

• give a closed lip smile then mind my own business

• i would perv and smile like an idiot discretly and try to strare lol

• I would make the impression that the elevator has a very engaging and interesting floor.

• And I find the elevator door very engaging and interesting haha :D

• What an engaging elevator era we live in😜

• Id probably just.. lay on the floor, curl up, and pretend i dont exist...

• I find it funny and sad at the same time :P

• I don't actually know.. I probably just would have smiled. I don't think I would have said anything, I don't have the courage.. So basically I would have smiled and looked down on the floor, hopefully he would have the courage to talk to me, then I would be very social involved! :-) I like the guy to take the step, bit of a traditionally I think?

• Well, some of us girls do love those traditional types, yeah :D

• Indeed, I love it.. Im too shy :P