Does Black Crack?

My friend was talking about how black people age so well.
Then, he burst out in laughter when I said, "It depends on the Black we're talking about, some people age horribly due to genetics and lifestyle."

Most Helpful Guy

• Reminds me of a Bill Burr skit I saw. According to him, black people age well because they moisturize and use lotion. Confirm or deny as you wish xD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWJphD0sg1I

• Lol! :D

I agree with him, and also the fact that our skin protects us from the sun more.

• Really? It's amazing how different we are.
      I apply lotion daily so I don't get ashy.
      It's embarrassing wearing a dress only to look like you dropped powdered donuts all over your knees :D

• Hahaha. Yeah-- I would never notice I was ashy unless I scratched my arm and saw a white trail. xD

Most Helpful Girl

• Some do, some don't. I've seen some who look terrible some who look great. The ones who smoke drink etc too much won't look as good as ones who don't. My dad is black, aged 80, and complains that nobody ever let's him have a seat on the bus because he doesn't look old enough haha, whereas they'll let lots of his friends who are younger than him sit down. My friends grandma is a similar age to my dad and looks around 50, but her husband is 70 and looks 80. It all depends. But generally, yea i think most do look younger than others their age of different races.

What Guys Said 10

• it can. but due to the higher amounts of pigment in the skin of black people which protects again sun damage (one of the key components of aging) black people tend to show less wear from sun damage.

• We all crack. The age you crack depends on genetics and how well you take care of yourself.
    I've seen black women that were in their 50's that looked amazing, but I've seen black women in their 30's that looked "cracked".
    So yeah, black does crack, but when, depends on the person.

• Black smacks the crack in the shack yo

• Its just genetics. Its funny because anytime blacks say anything positive about themselves as a race, someone wants to always "debunk" aka player hate.

• By any chance , are u referring to me?

• I'm applying it to anyone. I didn't read the whole thing, I just went to the comments. It also has something to do with the amount of melanin in skin too.

• Plus there's blacks who aren't 100% black. Lot of blacks in the USA have euro blood through rape in slavery so they also have those non black pigment genes that can be destroyed by sunlight so its always the possibility that some blacks age fast.

• Yes most likely yes

They seem to have great skin, eyes and teeth

• It does, not all of us age well especially if they've lived an unhealthy lifestyle.

• I do know that most of the black women I know are aging wonderfully.

• Actually it's related to fat under the skin. Take 2 non black twins, one twin is skinny, The other one is overweight. The overweight twin would generally look like they're aging much slower due to less contours under the skin of the face.

I. e a round plump face often associated with more younger looking is less likely to have skin that looks aged. I. e the skin has more sharp corners on a thinner face that it stays in the position of rather than rounded

• disagree, being overweight makes people look older.

• i didn't specifically say being overweigh is what makes someone look younger. Generally speaking, black people have rounder, less sharp faces with more fat. i didn't say their body was fat

• are you talking about all black people because east Africans have long, slim faces.

• Black people cheat, i hear they use moisturizer to avoid being 'ashy'.

We're walking around, we white guys no idea we're ashy cause our skin hides it, then a couple decades later we look like white raisins.

• hahahhaha this is the truth

• @AleDeEurope omg this guy, why does he say whities lmao why am i laughing

• @AleDeEurope yes. He is our spy.

• Obviously it depends on the individual person. For example, I think Snoop Dogg looks older than Eddie Murphy, even though Snoop Dogg is 10 years younger than him.

• Honestly, they look the same age to me.
      But nonetheless that is still a compliment to Eddie because he can past for 40's rather than 50's.

What Girls Said 14

• Black people age very well due to genetics. Of course, other things do have to do with lifestyle. For instance, it you smoke then obviously you are going to age differently than if you don't no matter what your skin color is. But in general, people of color age quite well compared to other ethnicities.

• My mom's side age's so beautifully. My mom is 50 and could put some of these young girls hell me to shame... Most black don't crack let's be real damn honest, but u do have those few that look like they have that Benjamin Button disease lol

• Lifestyle will screw any race up including Black's. Doesn't matter cause u can have good genes but if your smoking crack, eating cupcakes everyday or getting 2hours of sleep and stressing urself out u will look and feel like 💩💩💩

• Lol, nah man. We just too good for that.

• All of the older black people I have met look really young for their age so I would have to say no, but it's possible.

• It definitely depends on the person lol

• I'm around a lot of black people and always have been and yes they age really well lol. I've only seen a few that didn't age well, the others look so much younger than they are. Not sure if it's true or not but i've read that black people have more melanin in their skin, so it probably has something to do with that also.

• Well most Hispanics do tend to look younger than their age. It also depends how they take care of themselves.

• Depends on the person. My grandma is like 80 years old and she can pass for 50 or even younger. She's in great shape too. On the other hand many other people age horribly due to lifestyle or genetics.

• I always felt like British people tend to age well.

• That's only a nationality and doesn't account for an entire race. They are white. I tend to hear whites in general age horribly.

• Hmm, I can't say I've really paid much attention to British people but I definitely will now just to compare

• I end up mostly comparing the old British actors I see. So like julie andrews. I felt like she aged well. Emma Thompson who is 56 and I thought she was 40 something. Pierce Brosnan is 62 holy shit! I never knew he was that old! He looked late 40 ish.

• yeah on some people, i know teenage girls looking like they're bordering 30 because of weight and lifestyle choices. but then again, my mom and dad both look 30 but they're healthy as hell.

• Yeah, so true. I'm always shocked when I hear a girl say she's 18 and I'm thinking she's already in her 30s.
      How is it possible she looks older than me?
      Some women don't understand weight, and the way you dress, makes a huge difference.

• exactly, my mom is slim and shorter than me and dresses young so people insist she's not my mom. hope i inherit me some of those genes

• You probably will :) Just keep taking care of yourself.

• i've generally seen black people with beautiful skin.

• generally, no
    but poor lifestyle choices can screw up even the most blessed genetics

• It depends

• I think it does vary. One neighbor lady I know was like in her 70s but still looked pretty good. Her husband worked construction and was outside a lot, he looked around 90 but was also 70...

Could be genetics mixed with how well the person cares for their skin. If they (any person) keep hydrated and maybe use lotion, they might look smoother longer?