Who do you blame for someone being addicted to drugs?

Let's say person A is dating person B. Person B introduces the drug to person A. Person A gets addicted to the drug. Do you blame Person B?

• Person A
  • Person B

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I think this blame game is stupid. Blaming people when it comes to drug addiction doesn't help anyone. It just makes things more complicated and makes you look like a coldhearted idiot. Drug addictions are not just created because one person makes a stupid mistake or because one person introduces someone else to a drug. There are reasons why some people get addicted to drugs and most people don't. For example I could snort a line of cocaine right here and now and I'm 100% certain I wouldn't get addicted. The reason for this is that I don't fulfill certain criteria to become a drug addict. There are a large number of reasons that can cumulatively lead to a drug addiction: poverty, depression, childhood trauma, absence of parents, having grown up with an addicted family member etc. etc etc. There are soooo many reasons that individually just add a tiny bit of risk but if too many of these criteria are fulfilled, drug addiction can become a real danger. Simply blaming people for getting addicted or making somebody addicted is way too superficial and not understanding of the topic.

Most Helpful Girl

• bad genes/willpower

What Guys Said 15

• You can only blame yourself so Person A. I have few friends that love to smoke weed. I'm around it, they have offered and I decline. You can't blame others for your own actions.

• Person A is to blame.
    No one is responsible for your actions.

That's like saying I failed a class but it's my professor's fault because he puts in the grades.

• or rather only you are responsible for your own actions

• although, most students doing poorly I would say it's because teachers are lazy/jaded, under qualified, etc so that is partially their fault

• @thewanderingme Yeah there are exceptions to that rule about the class :P

• Person A is to blame. If I'm offered drugs, it's my choice entirely to use them or not. They can not be held accountable for my stupidity if I choose to use drugs.

• I blame Person A. Why would I blame Person B? If A was smart enough s/he wouldn't have taken the drugs.
    The blame goes to A.

• Person B should NOT have been on drugs to start off with.

Person A should not be with person B.

Then there wouldn't be a problem. However, both are equally to blame.

• They are both to blame. Person B obviously shouldn't have introduced the drugs in the first place, but Person A has a mind of their own - at least they should. Person A should have said no in the first place. There's no reason why we need to be so dependent on each other. Granted, sometimes we need each other's help. But to be completely dependent on someone else is pathetic, especially if we can defend for ourselves but choose not to.

• Person A) is stupid for accepting and Person B) is an asshole for offering.

• No one can make us do something we don't want to !

• It's your own fault if you become a junkie.

• person A had a choice to say no and didn't and kept using the crap. bottom line no self control. that's all it amounts to. just like drinking. you chose to keep drinking for a whole year. now you can't live with out the stuff.

• C, whoever decided to add addictive things in the first place. I. e Why do cigarettes have nicotine?

• I'm addicted to LSD, who do I blame?

• themselves

• both are bad.

• Person A they had choice they chose to do drugs now face addiction

What Girls Said 8

• The essence of understanding addiction is that it is the person taking the drugs that is responsible for themselves

• We're responsible for ourselves.. for whatever decisions we make.. regardless of good or bad.

• humans have this great ability to decide for themselves. to make their own choices and most of all to decipher right from wrong. if you start blaming other people for your own pathetic self then dont expect those same people around you to feel sorry about your situation. its stupid. grow up life is not all about you.

• The person who doesn't think with their own head - the A.

• it isn t a blame game beyond a person is responsible for his own choices unless threatened. person A still sucks tho

• Addiction is hard. So the blame is on both. Both made choices and need serious help before things spiral beyond their control.

• Person A. Person B is an enabler, though.

• I don't understand sorry, it's too confuse. but I would say it's the person who decide to take drugs it's his only fault