Where is the dumbest place you've ever found something you lost?

I once 'lost' my entire set of house/car key... inside my own house. Thankfully I had a full set of emergency keys made previously, so it wasn't that big of a deal, but it drove me nuts. For four full days I tore up the entire house searching for those keys turning over every cushion twice, emptying out my car, pulling out drawers, retracing my steps at work only come to find out, these keys were literally hanging from a side door inside the house that I never use, but had had to go out of to check on something. I felt like a complete idiot when I found them, but also relieved because I was about to spend some cash to get my locks changed just in case.

Most Helpful Guy

• Keys in my pocket after a half hour house search

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• Nothing like frantically looking for your sunglasses when they're resting on top of your head🙄

• A small money fold lost in my swimming trunks. On a hot summer day I had been cleaning wearing only swimming trunks, stuffed it in the pocket, forgot about it, then had to search for hours, turned the house inside out. My wife and young son laughed a lot.

• Lost a screwdriver, found it months later, in my truck airbox, under the air filtrer, most likely fell in there at my last engine maintenance.

• my car keys , looked all over the house for them and by the time i was late for work and had to have my wife come home from work with her spare key just to find out i locked them in the car the night before

• Tie between in my pocket and in the first place I looked in the open

• My car keys.. found them in my hand, No lie.

• I once lost my virginity in a dream, then I found it by waking up.

• I thought I lost my football helmet one time but I was wearing it.

• I lost a small pocket knife given to me as a gift. It wasn't so much the knife as it was from a friend.
    Years later I was getting a new sofa & found it under the couch.

What Girls Said 18

• Hahaha, beat this: inside my sock. I was out and afraid of losing money. So I put it in my sock just for safety and my whole day was ruined of the money in my sock cause I could not find my money.. And It wasn't coins hahah

• I spend a lot of time looking for my sunglasses when they're on my head, or freaking out looking for my phone when I plugged it into the stereo at work. I have also spent days looking for clothes only to realize I washed them and forgot about it so they were sitting in the washer the entire time.

• Around my neck. It was my headband. 🙈

• In my other hand. lol

• 😞 on top of my double stacked washer/ dryer. I had already filed and insurance claim to have all of my keys replaced as it is included in my policy with no deductible.

• Once put my phone in the fridge instead of milk. Found it by calling my number lol

• Right next to me. It was my phone and it was RIGHT next to me and I don't know why I didn't see it, but I just didn't.

• One time I lost my phone charger and I looked in the freezer for it and found my deodorant and car keys.

• i was looking for my glasses and they were on my face...

• I found my keys in the refrigerator... 2x oops

• The side of my face. That thing I thought that I lost being my phone. I looked for it for a a good 5 minutes too.

• My head or hand.

It's like.. I've been looking for you and you're right here XD

• in a hole inside my handbag

• In my hand.

• Some how I "lost" my glasses on my shirt.. I forgot I hooked it onto my shirt.

• I think in the fridge.

• looking for my glasses when i realized they were on my forehead.
    not one of my proudest moments

• In my hand. I thought i lost my pen. I was doing some h. w. and was in a lot of stress at that tym.