Would this be a dick move?

I got offered a job at meijer two days ago. I've been to a training class and I start tomorrow. I only took the job at meijer because I was nervous that I wouldn't get a call from the job I really wanted. Well they just called me and now I regret taking the job at meijer. Would it be a dick move to take the job I want and call it quits at meijer already? It just seems wrong to me but I really want the other job.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. It's your happiness 1st!
    I've seen people go through the whole training process only to not show up their 1st day.
    We use to tell people "if this job is not for you please just tell us, don't not just show up"

• Thank you, could you give me some ideas of what to say when I call and back out of the job? I have really bad social anxiety and I'm nervous about it.

• Yes. Do it now before it consumes you.

• TY
      Hope it went well.

Most Helpful Girl

• It wouldn't be a great move but coming from experience they would rather have you decide you don't want to work now instead of later on after they invested time on you. Most jobs you get at this age aren't meant to be kept forever. Follow what you want just be polite about it and let them know that other opportunities have come up that work better for you and sorry for any inconvenience. They will have you replaced in a few days so I wouldn't be to worried.

What Guys Said 7

• You can give your 2 weeks notice and make an excuse that your too busy with school or have a family issue.

• The other job is wanting me to start tomorrow as well. Since its a 2 week notice would I have to finish working at meijer for the 2 weeks? It would be a schedule conflict.

• That's hard to say then... Is the one that much better (atmosphere, perks, hours, pay)? It would suck quiting this one and finding out the new one doesn't work out.

• Yes it would be, but the employer doesn't want you there if you don't want to be there.

• I suppose it's not, since you technically haven't started yet. Granted, you are putting them on such short notice to fill your spot. I suppose you could give them your two weeks notice already and then start at your dream job in two weeks.

• well if you got the job already, drop the first job. if its just the interview process, keep the job until you actually get it

• Go for the better job. Corporations are not people.

• I'd wait until you for sure have the job you want.

• Keep the meijer job until you know you have the other one locked down.

What Girls Said 1

• When it comes to getting a job you want, there is no dick move. Take it.