What LIFE LESSON did you learn the hard way?

What LIFE LESSON  did you learn the hard way?

Most Helpful Guy

• I suppose the hardest lesson I had to learn is how long it took me to grow up - It is only now I am in my mid to late forties that I feel any level of maturity and the contentment that it brings - I did a lot of stupid things under the umbrella of "coping" whereas if I looked more at myself, I might have had a less complicated, less stressful last 30 years. I will probably never totally find myself but I have a lot clearer picture of who I am and who I want to be now.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. just because you treat people nice and caring and you are fair dont assume that they will do the same.
    2. when you find good, loyal people keep them close, is a very rare species
    3. in a relationship is a red flag when you are the only one doing the sacrifices for the sake of this relationship. Yes you are a great kind person but there has to be balance
    4. be yourself, dont change according what people want you to be because you will be sad. Whoever dont like it knows where the door is they can leave
    5. when things dont make sense is because you dont know the full story
    6, dont have regrets, learn and move on
    7. be open to criticism and give it a though, sometimes is not the word that is wrong but you
    i have more but i will stop now

What Guys Said 35

• 1. You can't change other people - you have to either accept them as they are or don't have a relationship (including friendship) with them. You can only change yourself, and part of that change includes changing who you associate with.

2. At some point, you are an adult, and then your decisions - and the consequences of those decisions - are up to YOU. You can't make bad decisions and hope someone will come along and save you from yourself, and you can't simply avoid making hard decisions because it's uncomfortable, or you'll suffer negative consequences.

3. "What you know" is important, but don't ignore the importance of WHO you know. Making a network of contacts, and maintaining that network, can make a huge difference in your life. From getting a job, finding investors or volunteers for a project, to getting good advice for a difficult problem, having quality contacts can be the difference between success or failure.

• I learnt that the human species is inherently cruel, and I should be really cautious. to be good, humans have to fight against their natural instincts, and not too many people are bothered to put in the efforts. I also realised that happiness from humans is usually temporary, and money is the key to ultimate happiness.

• Yeah , i agree that happiness is only momentarily

• @MasterofPlebs

Obviously money by itself can't give you happiness directly, but it allows you to buy stuff which can gives happiness.

• Again, I disagree. Worthless crap is just that, worthless crap. It means as much as the dirt on the ground. What matters is what you experience, learn, understand, and live. Worthless crap is just that.

• That is you don't keep your contacts in check, they won't keep you and eventually you'll lose all of them.

• That you can't trust a dog to watch your food

Not to jump down stairs with your hands in your pocket

NOT to let mum brush my hair when she pissed off with dad

If you go to bed dressed it saves time in the morning

Just a few to be getting on with

• LMFAO Hahahahha those are so funny but yet sooo true hahahha

One time, my dog stole my dads lamb chop off his plate while his back was turned hahah

• Classic schoolboy error on your dad's part

• no matter if you feel that your a good person, bad things do happen to good people. its how you deal with it that shows your true character

• People won't like you if you're a narcissistic selfish egocentric dumbass. It doesn't help in making friends.

That's the most obvious one I had to learn the hard way, lol.

• It's better to do something than to regret later for something I could have done.

• Sometimes your closest friends can be your worst Enemies... oh boy did I learn that in the worst way. Note: Do not go into business with a friend without signing a contract. If I could tell that to my 17 year old self I'd do it in a heart beat. Lesson WELL Learnt.

• Once a cheater always a cheater

• Don't jump into a relationship based on a whim, like in the fairytales

• 1. Never fully trust any one - there ma be a day some one will use a weakness of yours and exploit it for their own gain

2. You cannot change people - you can show people change but you owe them no form of responibility, if they wish to change the best you can do is offer support they will change if they wish it to happen.

3. Stick with your ideals - do not give in to peer pressure about what you belive in and sell yourself out.

4. Do not eat yellow smow- nice lesson for funzies

• A car purchase, but it wasn't that hard actually. It ended up working out. But I certainly learned from it.

• You can't force love, if you guys are not suited for each other, no matter how hard you try to make it work, there will be conflict.

• To say no

• Thanks!
      How is this question not closed. I have choosen the MHO hahha I can't post anymore questions coz it states i have 3 open questions , but i don't lol

• Lol xD I'm happy it didn't
      I liked this question.

I was pretty much being controlled by my parents for long until I said no, it was a hard time, but worth it, I'm so much happier now

• I agree! i have learned , to never say yes to others if it means i am saying no to myself

• No matter what life throws at you, you can step up and meet the challenge!

• Biggest of them all,

being good doesn't count for anything at all. Dynamics of life is different.

• Don't use toothpaste.

• Really, actually, seriously watch what you eat, otherwise your gall bladder will just decide one day to try and kill you. No, really.

• Thats a good question. That people can replace you no matter how genuine or nice you were to them.

• Pretty much all of them.

• Never wait for vicki to put the gifs 🙈🙈😭😭😭😭

• Ahahahhaha patience , patience... they will be here when you least expect it LOL

• Dont start what you can't finish!

• Don't worry about others all the time just worry about your self cuz people can take you for granted or take advantage of you

• In life never ever get complacent and love isn't always forever.

• Trust No one People are evil

• It's okay to fail sometimes, to be bad at something.

• Life love to throw you curve balls and fu k up a good day

• Everything, never had anything easy. Learnt everything the hard way

• dont judge others cause news spread and they can fuck you up

• the importance of listening.

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 19

• Follow yr heart -- it knows better than yr head. The subconscious is way, way smarter than the conscious.

Backed up by research, even:
    themindlab.co.uk/why-the-subconscious-matters/

--

Among my friends, I'd say the hardest-won lesson is "Every lie has an expiration date."

I'm way too lazy (and have way too bad of a memory) to try to remember lies in the first place, so I've always been pretty brutally honest.

• Today I learned I cannot procrastinate! I have an outline!

• 1. Friends come and go and most friends stay for maybe 2 years, no matter how close you are with them. You have to put in a lot of effort to make them stay longer, but eventually you get replaced by someone or something.
    2. It's almost impossible to become best friends with guys. It's a glass ceiling effect. You can be friemds but you can never be best friends. They just don't let you be best friends and become distant. I'm still having trouble accepting this.
    3. Don't get too close with unstable people. Had to learn this the really hard way.

• That if you're not willing to work (and leave laziness or doubt aside) for what you want, towards achieving that goal, then don't expect magical or lucky results, because it rarely happens
    Came to this conclusion after I messed up bad in a huge exam and felt so embarrassed in front of my teachers, friends or relatives because of my low grade.

• Life lesson: Friends leave even if you've always had only great time together. If they find a more beneficial one, I ensure you they will run after them. At the end its only you and your thoughts.

• Yeah it is hard to find a friend for life. I have been friends with a girl since we were 5 years old. We are more like sisters. I value her friendship so much :)

• Happening to me at moment

• my parents' divorce taught me that there's no such thing as the perfect partner

so I don't believe in love and never will

• To be careful of who I let into my life.

• You can never trust anyone easily.

You can't be naive.

No matter what, being in shape attracts guys.

The only person you can depend on is yourself.

• Nice question... tell the truth regardless of the consequence and also never try to change someone who doesn't want to be changed!

• men are confusing.

that's all.

• keep your head out of the clouds especially when you're alone and can easily get robbed of your money by people who won't correct you when you give them a hundred when they need a ten... not that that's happened to me personally or anything haha

• That if you love a person, you should tell them.

• If you cross a car with a motorcycle your going to lose big time.

• not to trust anyone.

• Never to trust people with secrets or gossip. How? They all backstabbed me.

• That almost everyone is fake and don't really give a shit about you but instead want to use you

• The only person you can depend on is yourself.

• You can't please everyone :3

• Some people just don't care.