How do I make my YouTube Video Popular?

So, I submitted a very original video to youtube last week and it got very positive comments/ratings (5 stars). My friends said that it was really awesome and hilarious. In the first day it received 35 views (which is about the same as the number of subscribers that I have). But after that, it pretty much peaked. It was getting like 1 view a day. The content is very original (something thats never been done before), so all the related videos that are displayed aren't related to my video at all. I did my best to put in relevant tags and I even posted the vid on Digg and Delicious, but it's still not getting any views. Could someone help me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you ever tried to buy youtube views from real people via services like http://themarketingheaven.com/buy-youtube-views/ ? Buying views is a thing. You can get thousands or even millions of views for any video. Use only those companies that will provide your videos with real views, so there will be no chance of your account/video being banned.

• 41d

Actually there is a good chance of it being banned. Youtube always check the legitimacy of views. Several actions can taken as a punishment.. If sudden rapid increase in traffic and douubted to be fake views the video can be stuck at certain views (301 views). Monetization can be disabled, suspension of account and account termination. Youtube always check it so buying views is not really a good idea.

Most Helpful Guy

• i feel like if you do youtube for the views, you´re doing it wrong and are bound to fail. all the successfull youtubers started it as a thing they do cause they personally enjoyed it and it evolved from there.

from what i know the most important thing for generating views besides quality of content is quantity of kontent and kontent schedule. if you have new videos every week or even every other day, views will increase with time (if you do good content). if you just do a video once in a while, people will not remember you. unless you make exceptionally good content like cgp grey for example.

What Girls Said 11

• Have a good title, learn about tags, make sure no songs are copyright, see if it's banned from any countries

• You really just need to keep regularly uploading videos and get more subscribers if they like you then they will watch other videos and talk about you with friends etc

• make sure you have hot girls and tits in your thumbnail and write [GONE SEXUAL][2016] in your title.

• Keep uploading videos everyday and share on all of your social media sites. Also promote yourself on the pages of other youtubers who bring in viewers. Eventually, you should have more subscribers which equal more views.

• advertise it with link everywhere

• Hm... One thing I've seen you tubers do is to go onto other popular YouTube accounts and say inflammatory stuff in the comments section. People immediately click on your name and view some of your videos and even may comment - it will bring traffic which is always good, yes?

• You could post it out on places like Reddit and all the other social media. Make it be more exposed to people. And ask your friends to start threads too.

• 40d

And you could all make some extra youtube accounts and repost the vid a few times too.

• I have seen many article and videos , but nothing helped

• By getting your video recommended or shared by a popular youtuber

• My suggestion would be to post it on different sites. You said you put it on Digg and Delicious, but honestly I have never heard of those sites. Post it everywhere - Reddit, tumblr, even here! Share it on facebook and ask your friends to share it. If you had other actors in the video, tell them to share it! I think facebook shares usually get the most views for a video.

What Guys Said 18

• 5 stars? That classic youtube
    Use clickbait titles and hope they don't spam the dislike button.
    "VIDEO ON GEOGRAPHY FILMED LIVE IN THE HOOD!! DON'T TRY AT HOME! ALMOST DIED! NEARLY RAPED! NEED MONEY FOR A LAWYER!! PRAY FOR MY CITY! SAVAGE ALERT!"

Or just get everyone you know to share and hope you blow up off your own originality.

• You make it popular by sharing

• YouTube is about content, one video, thoigh interesting, won't keep viewers. So make more videos. Another tactic would be to share it on social media.

• It not only has to be original but also appealing enough for people to share on their own.

I have a video that has about 250k views, with no promotion on my part. It is just interesting enough that popular blogs have written about it on their own, it's been shared around Facebook, and ends up linked on forums including non English regularly.

• Well uhhhh there hasn't been a 5 star rating system in Youtube for many years now. The rating is done through likes and dislikes...

• Get shoutouts from other youtubers and if u don't have any friends from that community make ones.
    Or criticize famous youtubers that are doing the same thing u are doing

• You can paid ads!

• That's kinda hard to say there are many different ways of doing it.

• get naked

• There isn't a way, it comes down to the market you address and pure luck. It doesn't matter if it's original if no one wants to watch it, that's why the big channels make the same stuff all the time.

• make 1000 fake youtube accounts and macro subscribe to your own video... All the other lemmings will follow you just because you have a following...

• link?

• Self promotion,
    get to know other youtubers, check out their videos, and maybe they'll check out some of yours

• If you want viral success... the people who like your video kind of have to share it with others.

I think you should be aiming for shares, rather than views.

• How about posting your video here? then many people will share.

• Be Sweedish (word to PewdiePie)

• 40d

It has nothing to do with being Swedish in particular, it's just because he has an accent that most Americans aren't used to hearing lol

• rule one have boobs boobs sell :P