Why do some people take what people on the internet say so seriously?

I have a friend who wants to kill herself because someone on the internet told her to. Are you fucking kidding me? What are you, 12 years old? Grow up..
Maybe thats mean to say about my own friend lol
but seriously...

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly it's because we don't teach our children to gut up and deal with shit. We focus so much on eradicating bullying that we don't prepare our kids that it inevitably exists.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just not as mentally stable I guess.

What Girls Said 6

• i think you don't understand that not everyone is as mentally able as you to words of negativity. not everyone sees it that way, so your view on it is incredibly selfish.

the thousands of people who are no longer with us because of this aren't all idiots. words do KILL.

• Word of advice while your "friend" is comsdering committing suicide... Don't say any of these things to her.

Since she takes things so close to heart why don't you tell her not to and hopefully she'll take it seriously.

• I think that a lot of people who aren't confident in themselves often take what others say to them, either in real life and/or the internet, extremely personally. So much so that it can impact their mental well being. Since the internet makes it so much easier to bully others as it allows the bullies to be cruel from home and sometimes even anonymously, this type of bullying can often be worse than if they were face to face. Most people are strong enough and confident enough in their own skin to take these harsh words as the nothing that they are, but some people just can't accept that.

• yeah tell ur friend that the internet is for big kids only

• Some people are just super sensitive and care about what other people think about them.

• That solely depends on a person's mental strength.

What Guys Said 4

• They are people who assign value to themselves based on the opinion of others. They are generally very weak people with no real direction or goals of their own.

• So take care you friend berofe she do something stupid!!!

• I'm here with the intention of figuring that out.

• Dude another example... I told a chick here I don't like her looks and she blocked me... fuck it...