I am frightened of turning older?

Right now I'm a young 20 year old woman. But even before I turned 20 I dreaded it and felt old and just very unhappy. I liked being a young goofy teen. I mean I'm still that way now but now it's like I have to mature up and be all lady like and soon i have to worry about marriage and kids and other responsibilities like jobs and bills/taxes. I don't know I'm scared and now I'm like the super hot lady (not to sound vain) and all the boys even girls stare at me and it makes me sad that when I near late 20s and 30 s and 40s it's all gonna be gone and no one will look at me anymore. I'm so sad. I only wish there was a way to stop it. Does anyone else ever feel this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• We all age.. it is nothing to be worried about.. the thing is to always feel the age that you want to feel and be happy.. live every day to the fullest.. things happen to people everyday.. one minute here and the next one not.. things do work out much better if you do not worry about things like age.. lots of other stuff to worry about.. like the state of this planet for example and the governments that do not want to do anything to fix it.. that may cost them the big bucks they make now.

All the way from oil that nets them huge dollars to the big corporations, that will pay extra not to have to abide by any rules.. the taxes they then make from them all the way to the added taxes for the people, and that one hurt's a lot because most people in this world are just hanging on day to day.. do the governments care about any of this.. or try to improve things.. Nope.. those things are more important to worry about then the age thingy.. take care now

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going through the same thing. I'll be 24 this year. I feel bad because I feel like I didn't really make the most of my teen years & early 20's. Also the looks thing.

The advice I could give you is that from what I heard, it's actually typical for some women to feel depressed around this age range. But you have to remember that you'll still be young into your 30's. & you don't have to get married or have kids until YOU'RE ready. Don't listen to other people just because everyone else is settling down at a certain age. They've lived a different life from you & what works for them might not work for you.

Yeah, you'll have some unavoidable responsibilities but you can live life regardless. Also, you'll still look great into your older years as long as you take care of yourself & put an emphasis on actually looking good.

What Guys Said 16

• well guess what, you're still young and goofy

• I've been 15 years old for 45 years now. Sounds to me like I need to call the waaaaaambulance!

• Gee, maybe you should work on your personality, intelligence, or something else that has actual value. It's almost like you're upset that you're going to stop getting attention that you didn't work for or deserve

• You have to look at some of the positives. Worry about the negatives tomorrow, for tomorrow never comes. There are so many wonderful things that independance brings.

• You have a long way to go before you are old. And if age treats you right, you will be a good looking older lady and the guys will still notice you.
    But the alternative is not so good, so age gracefully, enjoy life in each stage, enjoy your 20's, as a fun decade of your life. It's not that bad when you get older. The only caution I will say is don't do anything stupid. Life is a journey, enjoy the ride.

• You gotta get old, wrinkly and saggy and nothing can change that. You either accept that or you will always dread it.

• It's perfectly natural to feel scared about getting old. Try to think of it this way, Youth comes with an expiry date. So you better do all those things you wanted to before you're old and ugly. You could also use your youth to work hard at something and when you're old and ugly, that work can be your purpose in the rest of your life

• I'm getting close to middle age and I'm still goofy somewhat.

You need to remember that we all get older. Father time is undefeated and no one is immune to his dastardly ways. This is why you need to life life to the fullest.

• Each age milestone brings it's on form of joy. But if you're so caught up in what was you'll never find happiness in the now.

• Aren't we all? But guess what? We all age. Unless something traumatic happens to you, I'm likely to go before you. And I'm not afraid.

• There WILL BE a way to stop it probably within your lifetime if we work together.

• if you base your whole worth on temporal hings you'll get vastly dissapointed and depressed. even this worth you think you have right now, works only for inexperience men. if you are empty inside you do nothing for me.

• As you age, your overall perspective adapts too. A 30 year old guy will think a 30 year old woman is hot. A 50 year old guy will think a 50 year old woman is hot, too. you can still be goofy :)

• Everything passes. Enjoy things while you can.

• getting old sucks but it happens to all of us, unless you die young.

• Ya don't have to marry and have kids of course... and ya don't have to mature up either... trust me...

What Girls Said 5

• You are Only as Young as You... Feel, no Big Deal.
    I have Always said that "Age is just a Number, Not a Reminder."
    And with this Being Said... You are Old when you turn 100 and are Lucky enough to get This... Old and Bold.
    Good luck and Smile. xxoo

• we all age
    you can't control time but you can control your actions

imposing certain characteristics on yourself because you're a certain age is not necessary. people have many sides to themselves

it's also messed up thinking that your looks will suddenly do a 180 once you turn a certain age

• Me too :/ I'm turning 19 in a few weeks and I just feel all this sudden pressure from everyone around to mature up and get my life together. Like it's something that's always there, even if I'm not playing attention. The only time a feel relieved is nighttime when everyone's asleep and I'm just hangin' in my room. It's like a shadow.

• I feel the same way I turn 20 in a few weeks..

• I know that feeling so well.