If you told someone on the internet "go commit suicide", and he/she actually does, will you be arrested?

• yes...
  • no...

Most Helpful Girl

• I remember hearing about this girl who was charged with manslaughter for convincing a friend of hers to commit suicide so I would say it is possible.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not necessarily, as you did not physically kill them. They made the choice to kill themselves.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not sure, but it's probably not a good idea just in case lol

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 5

• With a simple one liner comment like that nope (but I wish they could, mostly idiotic kids who say that) but you could be when you actively persuaded someone to do that. There was this chick, persuaded and told his boyfriend to commit a suicide. Fucking Bitch got arrested.

• I don't know for certain, you could get in trouble for being an accessory I suppose but don't quote me on it. However it is a fucking terrible, ignorant thing to do to someone.

• I think there are laws that you will get arrested in some places

Seriously though, what are the odds that the cops will link it to your statement

It's possible but HIGHLY unlikely

• No, that'll make you scum

• if I have the power to make somebody kill himself by saying, "kill yourself," then when they come to arrest me I'll say, "don't arrest me"