Why do people bring up my looks whenever I get into an online argument?

I know I'm not the best looking person. In fact, I'm quite the opposite. But can't people come up with better arguments?

Most Helpful Girl

• You've won. Exit gracefully, but don't forget to let them know they've resorted to kindergarden playground tactics and you don't argue with toddlers.

• I think it's better to grind the point into them that they're a horrible, stuck up douchebag, but leaving is an option too, I guess

• @M_A_X well then they're gonna leave, unless they're so incredibly stupid they stick around to argue some more. Good on you for wanting to make an impact on society though. Personally, I wouldn't bother because I honestly just cannot care that much.

• Well the way I see it, society affects me too. I'm not a creature outside of it. I exist in it and have to deal with it, so the least I can do is try to make things better.

Most Helpful Guy

• No when people have nothing to say. Attacks turn personal. If you can't beat up, shut them up.

What Girls Said 4

• name-calling is what people do when they're losing

• When people feel like they are losing an argument. They will say anything they can to win.

• Don't you dare call yourself ugly you are sexy sweetheart *hugs*

• If they can't poke holes through your argument then they're going to poke at what they can, namely your looks, which is completely irrelevant.

What Guys Said 2

• Because they know they've lost the argument so in order to salvage something out of it they'll try to call you ugly >_<

• It's a sign they have run out of arguments. It means you won.