Why is talking to god more acceptable than me talking to my imaginary friend Bob?

Now, I don't actually have an imaginary friend named Bob, but hypothetically speaking if I did then why is it seen as crazy or abnormal as opposed to talking to god?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because believing in God is based upon faith and consists of more than just an entity. It comes with a set of beliefs and ideals that people live by. Talking to "Bob" would be might be considered crazy because most people don't have imaginary friend they talk to as an adult. It might be more acceptable as a child.

Think of the term crazy and how it's defined. It's basically something outlandish that the majority of the public doesn't believe. Now if "Bob" or "God" started talking back to you, then just about everyone might think your crazy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because nobody else knows Bob. If you introduced us and gave us a chance to know him, I may chat with him.

What Guys Said 9

• When you stand before Christ immediately upon your demise, you will be at liberty to ask Him. But I'm guessin' you'll enough 'splainin' to do!

• Because:

1) Collective insanity is always better than solitary insanity, because you have more company.
    2) Bob can't work miracles - or can he?
    3) Bob and God did a coin flip and God won.
    4) Bob has always had self-esteem issues, but God... well his name is Jehovah -"I AM!"
    5) God had a better publicist.

• cause more than a billion people talk to god. Hopefully there aren't a billion kids and adults alike talking to a toy/doll.

• Because Bob is real and God was an alien so in a sense was reall but we seem to overlook that fact. That should get some down voting from the pious biggots

• When one person believes in stupid things he is crazy, when a whole lot of people believe in stupid things it is religion.

• Even though your a troll I'll answer seriously and kill your fun.
    God is widely known throughout multiple counties, religions and stories.
    Your friend bob is not.

• Because Bob is real. Weirdo.

• same thing, both imaginary :)

• Because God is real

• You've seen him? Or spoken to him?

• I did ask him many many many times. Ask him for money right now. And let's see what happens.

• Oh yeah they'll be a big bang and a cloud of dust and the money will land in my lap. It doesn't work that way lol

What Girls Said 1

• because God exists and the imaginary friend is just imaginary.

• How do you know? God can also be imaginary!