Talking to strangers on kik?

I'm a 16 year old girl and I made a kik recently to talk to new people from sites like omegle or kik friends. I've been talking to a really attractive guy who says he's 18, and I asked for a live picture and it matches his profile picture, so I think he is legit. He's really sweet and has never asked me for nudes or tried sexting (neither of which I would EVER do with a guy online!!) but I'm just wondering do you guys think I should trust this guy, how can I be 100% sure he is who he says he is?

I've decided to delete my kik account and stop talking to people I don't know online , it's way too risky, thanks for the advice everyone!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, for all you know, he might be just using his friends pics. Speaking of kik, how do you just find random people? That's unsafe if you ask me, I can already see creepy men pressing that send button.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask for a picture of him with todays newspaper, or maybe a picture of his drivers licence. The DL would tell you if he really is 18 or not too. Sweet guy, not sweet guy, he's looking for some kind of sexual interaction out of this so if you don't want to share nude pics or sext there isn't much point in wasting your time.

I could be wrong, but if that isn't why you two are talking, then why are you?

What Guys Said 3

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• Do not talk to strangers on Kik or any website like that. You do not know them or their intentions. Sure, it's nice to be young and flirty or feel like you're at the start of some wild, intriguing romance but kik is not the place to do that nor is any other website like it. Of course he's going to be really sweet and be on his best behavior because you guys just met. -_- For all you know, he's some big, hairy man from Russia named Afanasy who runs a brothel and plays nice so that you feel comfortable before he rolls up and tackles you into his black, shiny pedo van.

Make wise choices.

• Hahahhahaha probably isn't a laughing matter but this was funny, thanks for the advice! 😂😂

• Well I'd say to keep talking to him, but do be a bit cautious. You seem like you can handle yourself, so You'll be fine.

• No, bad idea. Talking to some dude online who is interested in you when you are a minor is not the best idea. It's just a stranger danger situation.

• They are all mostly sexual including people here.. THE GUYS

• You shouldn't really trust people online.