Why do guys like to irritate/piss off a girl (that they may like?

What exactly do they hope to accomplish by doing this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that's learned behavior, but it's only relevant when you're like 10-11.

When you're 18 or above, I think you only piss people off either because you think it's funny, or just because you can. Not with any specific intention of "showing romantic interest" or something.

Most Helpful Girl

• because they get her attention. I've noticed guys who use this tactic are too shy to voice their interest.

What Guys Said 11

• It tends to break the "ignoring", disinterested ice.
    Often the best (if not only) ploy of little boys and low IQ guys that have no other ammunition at hand, much less better ammo.

• I irritate my girlfriend off on purpose all the time

Why? It comes with the territory. Read the Terms and Conditions

Do you expect your guy to be that super romantic, sappy guy all the time? HA!

• Because it works. Women are complicated creatures and if a girl you like is annoyed at you it usually means two things she hate you or she likes you.

• Thats such a childish thing to do. i have never deliberately pissed off a girl i liked. I would like to think that i'm too mature for such behavior ^-^

• the only reason i can think of is to get them out of there life

• To get laid -- because it works.

• Even an angry response is better than no response at all, sometimes. And then at least the girl is talking to him and once she starts talking, who knows what might happen!

• Because that's how they get attention.

• And why do they want this attention? Because they like you or because they are needy atetntion whores

• You certainly have strong feelings about this. Could be either way, depends on the guy.

• I piss off people who piss me off.

• Looks like we found a fun hating sourpuss.

• because nice guys finish last

What Girls Said 1

• this sounds like how an immature , inexperienced, awkward guy would try to show interest sometimes