Why is my dad allowed to do something but when I do it its a problem?

I am an young adult and i live at home with my dad. Im going to start off by saying that my dad is the biggest ass hole you could ever meet. My entire family knows it. This isn't a"teen" complaining about her dad... whenever i make my own choice to go out or maybe have my boyfriend around, or anything in general my dad tends to get pissed off. He sleeps at his girlfriends its okay. I sleep at my boyfriends its a problem! He forces his girlfriend on me she isn't my mother i dont need to be at her becking call. I dont give a rats ass if he likes my boyfriend bur he forces me to hug her and get ger gifts and say the word hi its annoying! To make it worse he puts her first all the time! My 27 year old sister can't stand the lady. This is the main problem. I just dont understand why he can do whatever and then when i do it he has an attitude

Most Helpful Guy

• There's one thing I agree with your dad and that's the part about saying hi to his girlfriend. That's not asking too much. It's just norman decency. Even if you don't like somebody, you can and should still be polite to that person - especially if that person means a lot to a family member or a friend.
    As for everything else, I can perfectly understand you and feel with you. Your dad just sounds like a very unpleasant, stuck-up, hypocritical person. I know what it means to deal with these kind of dads because my own girlfriend has it even harder. While my parents are super relaxed folks, my girlfriend comes from a conservative country in east Asia. Her parents are both very traditional. They're nice (apparently) but they're also incredibly stuck-up. Because of that, my girlfriend wasn't able to even tell them for a long time that she's got a boyfriend. When she finally told them, her dad got pissed and her mom was disappointed that I'm a westerner. My girlfriend has now moved to my country Switzerland and we're living together. But she has to lie about everything. For example she has to lie about living together with me. She made up this huge story about living in a dormitory etc.. If he was honest about our relationship, her dad would immediately cut all financial support (which she desperately needs at this point) and pretty much disavow her (living together without being married is considered a total no-go). We've also been thinking about getting married in 2 years or so but my girlfriend would have to lie even about that and hide the fact that she just got married because her parents believe it's a big no-no to get married before having a stable job. Mind you, we're even older than you are and we've been together for a long time. So yeah, I feel with you. I'm really glad my dad was always super easy-going about everything when I grew up.

Most Helpful Girl

• Like you said, you're a young adult, and if you're unhappy with his treatment, then maybe it's time to move. I know it's easier said than done and takes time to do so. However, the "his house his rules" thing does apply, unfortunately. Take these negative feelings and let them motivate you to get your own.

What Guys Said 2

• In your particular case, your dad is a dick. Plain and simple.

• It's probably because he can't deal with the fact your getting older and that's the reason he has to act like a douchebag around you and force someone you don't like upon you

What Girls Said 1

• Are you living under his roof?